Skip to main content
Topic: removal of curtains (Read 11 times) previous topic - next topic
removal of curtains
Yahoo Message Number: 143645
Weekend 1 of Lazy ownership: taking out the curtains for cleaning.
We want to take the curtains to the cleaners. We got the bunk curtains down.  There are plastic (screw covers?) holding the wall side of the cab curtains in place. Will these pop off with a flat screw driver, or will they crack? Are they needed, and if so, are they a standard purchase somewhere? Thanks for your advice Wendy
2002 MB

Re: removal of curtains
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 143647
Wendy

what kind of curtains do you have?    I have a 1985  with curtains that have blackout backing, I don"t think these kind are dry cleanable. I tossed mine in the dryer on air and they came out remarkably well.

Carol

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 143650
"There are plastic (screw covers?) holding the wall side of the cab curtains in place. Will these pop off with a flat screw driver, or will they crack?"

You can pop their little lids open with a small screwdriver or with your fingernail, Wendy. They're not likely to crack, but if that should happen, you can order replacements online or from Lazy Daze. They're not strictly necessary; they just look nicer than exposed screw heads.

Andy Baird
http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 143658
The curtains seem to be 'normal' double fabric curtains, without a special backing. The liner does seem a bit heavy, so I think it will keep out a lot of light. These are the original on the 2002 rig. The manual suggests dry cleaning, so the next question is if the cleaner is concerned about the plastic glides that are held by grommet that are on the bunk curtains.  These need more than a run thru the dryer- but I will try that approach next time.

center
2002 MB