Skip to main content
Topic: LD spotted in Carmichael, (northern) CA (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
LD spotted in Carmichael, (northern) CA
Yahoo Message Number: 143280
I saw a 2003 or newer 24' E450 blue in the Elks Lodge in Carmichael CA today. Montana plates, but no one was around.
 Anyone tried to park at an Elks lodge before? The one in Carmichael has at least 10 electric & water hookups. An interesting idea in a pinch.

Ray
2003 MB
Formerly 1997 TK

Re: LD spotted in Carmichael, (northern) CA
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 143281
We stay at Elks Lodges frequently when we travel. You'll find amenities range from dry camping in the parking lot to full hookups...from free to around $25, some places may be a bit more.
You do, of course, have to be an Elks member.

Linda Hylton
Linda Hylton

OT
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 143334
This is for Chris Horst I sent a private email hopefully to your yahoo address regarding the tv installation.  Bettyjean92211 at aol dot com.  Just had a couple of questions. TIA

Betty Jean and. Circus Wagon

Re: OT
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 143336
Perhaps you should just ask your question here.  If you have a question, probably someone else does too.  It is far more efficient to discuss in the public forum than to have a private discussion in the background.

I too, almost always ignore private messages from people with whom I have no other relationship. In fact, I become somewhat annoyed when receiving such a message.  I treat it like all the other junk mail I get.

-Dave '06 MB, Indianapolis

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 143337
"Perhaps you should just ask your question here. If you have a question, probably someone else does too. It is far more efficient to discuss in the public forum than to have a private discussion in the background."

Well, said, Dave! In most cases one can get better answers and faster answers by posting here than by emailing privately--assuming, of course, that the question is Lazy Daze-related. And the discussion benefits everyone, not just the questioner.

Andy Baird
http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 143338
"Well, said, Dave! In  most cases one can get better answers and faster answers by posting  here than by emailing privately--assuming, of course, that the question  is Lazy Daze-related. And the discussion benefits everyone, not just the  questioner"

Andy.

Betty Jean want to install a big HDTV in LD. She recently asked here for recommendations and was told

"this  topic has been discussed quite a bit. I'd suggest going to the group's  website and using the "Search Conversations" feature to look for  recommendationsthis  topic has been discussed quite a bit. I'd suggest going to the group's  website and using the "Search Conversations" feature to look for  recommendations"
 So she did search the files, finding Christ H and sent him a message  asking about his HDTV installation. He evidently did  not response quick enough and she is anxious to get moving. She posted this morning, hoping Chris would see the message here.
 She has already be rejected here request here for recent, pertinent information. A year old report on a particular HDTV is too out of date to be useful in picking a set to buy since models change within months these days.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 143339
I've responded to Betty Jean. After she saw photos in the files of my 26" Vizio installation in our 30', she had a specific question about that particular installation.

Chris H
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 143346
Thanks for pointing that out, Larry. I wasn't trying to "reject" Betty Jean's request for information--I wasn't even aware of the back-channal exchange between her and Chris. I was just echoing Dave in pointing out a general truth: in most cases, it pays to keep discussions public, so that all can benefit.

I don't know about you, but I spend several hours a day answering RVing queries emailed privately. Many of those questions could have been answered (or indeed, have been answered) in this website's discussions... but once I start to reply to an email, I don't like to just say "Go look it up," so I end up answering in detail. That takes time, and it's an answer that benefits only one person--whereas if I had posted it here, everybody could read it, and probably somebody would chip in with an even better idea.
 Now if there's a question about one person's specific setup, as apparently there was in Betty Jean and Chris's case, it can make more sense to email the person privately. If you posted the question, "Andy, what kind of ukulele is best for a beginner?" to the group, probably not many people would be interested in the answer. ;-)

But Dave's point, and mine, was simply that RVing-related questions are usually best asked here, in public--after checking for answers in the archives, of course!--rather than in private. That way we can all learn from each other.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 143355
Andy

Guess I started this. Betty Jean contact me, looking for a new HDTV.
When we could not find any recent reports on the forum, I suggested her asking is anyone had recently installed a TV and, if so, finding out what brand and model was used.  Models change so frequently that what was installed six months ago is probably not available now.
Seemed like a good question at the time but what do I know? . Like you, I spend a lot of time and energy answering private questions, plus even more time doing actual fixes.
I know well how to use the resources of the forum and to search before asking questions... the answers were not readily available in the forum archieves, resulting in Betty Jean's original question.
Not too sure how else to have approached the question in an acceptable manner.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 143360
"I suggested her asking is anyone had recently installed a TV and, if so, finding out what brand and model was used. Models change so frequently that what was installed six months ago is probably not available now."

You're right, Larry, and this is one case where old messages are probably not the best guide. My offhand response to Betty Jean was off-target, and I apologize for that.

Andy Baird
Andy Baird