Skip to main content
Topic: Mice Under the Hood- Final Answer (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
Mice Under the Hood- Final Answer
Yahoo Message Number: 143278
I know this thread has been beat to dead recently  and probably historically but I would like to offer some evidence I have found  to be true. This summer I found a mouse nest under the hood of my Ford truck.  This concerned me since my, new to me, 07 Lazy Daze would be parked for the MN  winter a short distance away from where I park my truck. I decided to  investigate mice preventative measures with my truck knowing I would need them  for my LD this winter. I first removed the nest and placed snap traps under the  hood baited with peanut butter or bacon grease. I started to catch at least  one mouse a night but after a couple weeks decided I could not possibly clear  out all the mice in my neighborhood. I left the  traps in place and put two socks under the hood with about 10 moth balls in  each. I have not caught a mouse since placing the moth balls.

Moth balls are now under the hood of my LD.  They are readily available at W*M but nasty to work with, wear rubber gloves and  don't use them inside the coach unless you have very fond memories of playing in  your grandmother's closet as a kid. I about poisoned myself by crawling under my  boat cover with four socks of moth balls to be placed there. I came out with a  hour long headache and about sick to my stomach. You don't have to scold me. I'm  a chemical engineer and should know better. I  remove the socks if I am going to drive my LD or truck and only get a faint  whiff inside the cab on some ventilation settings.

I've removed all food items and placed snap traps  in the coach and will monitor the situation there throughout the winter. I was  lucky with the truck and found only one chewed rubber vacuum line that had to be  replaced. My last RV was destroyed by an engine fire caused by a squirrel or  mouse nest on top of the exhaust manifold. I now always check the engine  compartment thoroughly with a flashlight before starting it after an extended  absence. As a famous cartoon character used to say- "I hate those meeses to  pieces!"

Re: Mice Under the Hood- Final Answer
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 143287
Say guy, why don't you get this product called "Mouse Free" From Tweety's.com, for instance. I hear it's very good...check it out..Take care...

On Wednesday, October 23, 2013 8:10 PM, "gregvraspir@..."  wrote:

I know this thread has been beat to dead recently  and probably historically but I would like to offer some evidence I have found  to be true. This summer I found a mouse nest under the hood of my Ford truck.  This concerned me since my, new to me, 07 Lazy Daze would be parked for the MN  winter a short distance away from where I park my truck. I decided to  investigate mice preventative measures with my truck knowing I would need them  for my LD this winter. I first removed the nest and placed snap traps under the  hood baited with peanut butter or bacon grease. I started to catch at least  one mouse a night but after a couple weeks decided I could not possibly clear  out all the mice in my neighborhood. I left the  traps in place and put two socks under the hood with about 10 moth balls in  each. I have not caught a mouse since placing the moth balls.

Moth balls are now under the hood of my LD.  They are readily available at W*M but nasty to work with, wear rubber gloves and  don't use them inside the coach unless you have very fond memories of playing in  your grandmother's closet as a kid. I about poisoned myself by crawling under my  boat cover with four socks of moth balls to be placed there. I came out with a  hour long headache and about sick to my stomach. You don't have to scold me. I'm  a chemical engineer and should know better. I  remove the socks if I am going to drive my LD or truck and only get a faint  whiff inside the cab on some ventilation settings.

I've removed all food items and placed snap traps  in the coach and will monitor the situation there throughout the winter. I was  lucky with the truck and found only one chewed rubber vacuum line that had to be  replaced. My last RV was destroyed by an engine fire caused by a squirrel or  mouse nest on top of the exhaust manifold. I now always check the engine  compartment thoroughly with a flashlight before starting it after an extended  absence. As a famous cartoon character used to say- "I hate those meeses to  pieces!"