Skip to main content
Topic: reset button (Read 14 times) previous topic - next topic
reset button
Yahoo Message Number: 143220
I too am having problems with my 12v receptacles.I have no power and batteries are charged,(solar keeping them up) and receptacles work when the generator is on. I changed out the fuse, checked the circuit breaker and now i'm looking for the reset button. I have the midbath model and I have looked in the battery compartment, but didn't see a button on the back wall of the battery box (is it in disguised?). Any body know where the other reset button is on the midbath or have an idea what might be wrong?? Im scratching my head on this one,
2004 MB

Re: reset button
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 143221
Is it just the coach 12V outlets?  Do you have other 12V devices like lights, water pump. fridge controls?  If you have some 12V service, then it most likely one or more fuse in the distribution panel or a loose wire.  If everything is out, the main 12V circuit breakers are just tiny boxes along the main power lead with a tiny button on the side.  If one of the main breakers is open, then solar power isn't getting to the batteries (assuming a factory installation).  There should be a breaker at the back of the battery compartment.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 143223
Yes Art I have power to the fridge and water pump and all lights work and solar panel reads batteries have plenty of charge. I replaced the #2 fuse which is for receptacles, but I don't know what other fuse I can replace and yes the solar is factory installed.
2004 MB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 143226
On the floor, under the refer, might have to dismantle the cabinet if you can't reach it by removing the drawer
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 143227
Did you look closely at the old fuse?  Do you know what a blown fuse looks like?  It is possible that a short has developed in one of the outlets and the fuse just blows immediately when a new one is plugged in.  I had the plug on an inverter develop a short, and every time I plugged it in the fuse went.

HTH, Art
Art and Barbara
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 143231
"I have power to the fridge and water pump and all lights work and solar panel reads batteries have plenty of charge. I replaced the #2 fuse which is for receptacles, but I don't know what other fuse I can replace..."

Martha, in order to diagnose this, you'll need to be specific about what is wrong. You initially said "I have no power," but from your latest message it seems quite a few things do have power. You need to list what doesn't have power, and go from there.

All your fuses are labeled, so once you know exactly what's not working, it should be possible to figure out which fuse is blown, if that's the cause of your problem. Be aware that in rare cases a fuse that looks good may not be, so the best way to diagnose a blown fuse is to substitute a brand new, known good fuse of the same rating.

Andy Baird
http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 143235
To find the reset button on my 2003 mid bath you have to remove the drawer below the fridge and it will be on the left side up toward the front.

Joe Hamm

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 143238
(I too am having problems with my 12v receptacles.I have no power and batteries are charged)

Sorry Andy, I thought I was being clear when I called them 12v receptacles. Thats what my LD manual called them so I went with that.(outlets is what I usually call them) Sorry for the confusion.I did say I replaced the fuse #2-on the panel  which is for 12v receptacles with a new one and nothing happened. I found the reset button and nothing happened. This LD is new to me and a couple of days ago I was camping without any hookups so I discovered I couldn't make my coffee when I plugged in the coffee maker. I'm at a loss and I don't understand electrical all that much. Thank you everyone who helped me find that reset button which was behind the left side panel under the fridge. Thank you Andy
2004 MB

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 143240
"I thought I was being clear when I called them 12v receptacles."

You were, Martha. I apologize; I somehow overlooked that first sentence.
 "I did say I replaced the fuse #2-on the panel  which is for 12v receptacles with a new one and nothing happened."

Since that didn't work, I'd suggest checking all the other fuses. It's possible that in your case, the chart that says #2 is for 12V receptacles is wrong. It's rare, but it's been known to happen. Check them all--it can't hurt!

"I did say I replaced the fuse #2-on the panel  which is for 12v receptacles with a new one and nothing happened."

That's a separate issue. The coffeemaker, like the microwave oven and air conditioner, runs on 120 VAC--the kind that comes out of a household outlet. That's because it needs far more power than your 12V system is capable of supplying. To use these appliances while dry camping, you'll need to start up your generator.

Andy Baird
http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 143245
Martha,

Since you are new to LD, you may well be new to RVs as well.  We have a wide range of knowledge and experience here so I'm going to ask some very basic questions since you indicated you are not too strong on things electrical.

Are the "outlets" that you referenced like the ones on the walls in a regular house or are they round like the cigarette lighter socket in a car?  Does the coffee maker you tried to use have a plug with two flat prongs that would plug into a regular house outlet?

The LD systems are mostly run off of 12 volt DC (direct current) circuits.  There are outlets for 12V DC in the LD that look like round cigarette light sockets.  The LD also has some regular 110V AC outlets like those found in regular houses.  But there won't be any power at those 110 V AC outlets unless the rig is plugged in or the generator is running (I'll ignore upgraded rigs with whole house inverters for now).  There are a couple of appliances in an LD that will only run on 110V AC power, namely the microwave and air conditioner.

Art
Art and Barbara
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 143258
Hi Art," This LD is new to me" is what I said . Its a 2004 Midbath. I used to have a 1987 multiplan that didn't have a generator, but it had solar. It has been over 10 years since I have owned it so its been that long since I have had any dealings with Rving until now so I have to confess that most of the electrical problem im having is in my head..meaning memory loss. I had to call a friend of mine last night who used to accompany me in all my rving adventures and ask her how we were able to use the computer and run the coffee pot.. she reminded me that we had an inverter for the computer and a Coleman stove top coffee maker which I totally forgot having. Its a scary feeling not remembering how I used to do things with something  I used to be so involved with before. Please have patience with me since this is once again a learning process for me. Thank you all for being there to help, I have always loved this group and have always been in awe of all the knowledgeable people who participate in helping with people in need.

Martha

2004 Midbath

Martha,

Since you are new to LD, you may well be new to RVs as well.
2004 MB

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 143261
Martha,

My wife and I can certainly relate to forgetting things we don't deal with regularly!  If it's been 10 years, I certainly don't think everything about RVs would come right back.  Don't feel bad about asking very basic questions here.  This is a pretty easy going and friendly group, that ranges from newbies to very experienced RVers.

Does this mean that your electrical systems appear to be working ok, and that you are just getting re-acquainted with them?

Art
Art and Barbara
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 143269
"...can certainly relate to forgetting things we don't deal with regularly! " ---- And, some of us can relate to forgetting things that we DO deal with regularly!"  However, the periodic "blurriness" does provide frequent opportunities for learning new things!  ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 143292
Art said "Does this mean that your electrical systems appear to be working ok, and that you are just getting re-acquainted with them?"

Hi Art, seems like all electrical is working except for the one next to the overhead bunk, the 12v round outlet.
2004 MB