Skip to main content
Topic: Solar Installation workshop at AM Solar (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Solar Installation workshop at AM Solar
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 143109
Yes but at nearly $1,000 I'd think it would only apply to those seeking a new career.
2021 Mid Bath

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 143111
What about those that want to make some money while on the road?

Jan/Scottsdale AZ.

Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 09:04:59 -0700
 Subject: [LD] RE: Solar Installation workshop at AM Solar

Yes but at nearly $1,000 I'd think it would only apply to those seeking a new career.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 143117
"What about those that want to make some money while on the road?"

I think Ted's point was that if you are planning to save money by installing your own solar panels, you're not likely to be eager to pay a thousand dollars to learn how. AM Solar's course is clearly intended for professional installers, who can justify its cost as a business expense. For those folks (including the ones who are doing installations while on the road), I'm sure it's a good investment of time and money.

Andy Baird
http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 143121
If I was considering becoming an installer I would take this course.
2021 Mid Bath

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 143146
"Some might be interested in this opportunity:
 http://www.amsolar.com/home/amr/smartlist_71/installer_training_workshop.html" 
Joan

To the mechanically inclined owner of a RV with no solar, it would be a great learning experience and the lessons learned could be used to do your own install, exactly the way you want it. The $1000 is less than what AM Solar would charge for the labor to do a full-on solar install, especially if inverters or extra batteries are involved.
And you walk away with a new skill set.
If Springfield was a two hour drive, instead of a hard two day drive, I might be temped to go.
AM Solar's crew are true professionals and have a shop and yard to match.
In five days, you could learn a lot from them, especially if you have a decent electrical and mechanical background. A $1000 seems very reasonable for what AM Solar is providing.
For a younger person looking for a different career,  RV solar power is going to continue to be a popular upgrade.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze