Skip to main content
Topic: E-mailing personal response to poster (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
E-mailing personal response to poster
Yahoo Message Number: 142743
Often, I will send a personal response to a poster. With the 'new' Yahoo, i cannot find a way of sending a message or finding the posters e-mail address.
When clicking on a poster's name, I get sent to the message instead of poster address and identification. Unless I already have the poster in my Yahoo address book, I cannot send a message Anyone one know what I'm doing wrong and the fix?
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze

Re: E-mailing personal response to poster
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 142745
We talked about this recently, but perhaps you missed that message (easy to do in all the recent confusion!) In a nutshell: click the purple "Reply" button. Click the small, inconspicuous "Show More" rectangle, just above and to the right of the text entry field. Click the "To" field to bring up a popup menu that lets you choose to send a message to the individual, the group, or both. Just another fine example of Yahoo's new "mystery meat" user interface. ;-)

Andy Baird
http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: E-mailing personal response to poster
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 142749
Andy

Thanks for the tip, I spent a bit of time looking for the proper button. Makes sense once it's pointed out.

Yahoo's tutorial didn't bother to mention it
 My account just switched over a few days ago to the new "Yahoo" and I'm still a little baffled.

It's not a very intuitive system but it's what we got.

Larry
Larry
2003 23.5' Front Lounge, since new.  Previously 1983 22' Front Lounge.
Tow vehicles  2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2001 Jeep Cherokee
Photo Collection: Lazy Daze