Skip to main content
Topic: Major refurb of '05 30IB (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Major refurb of '05 30IB
Yahoo Message Number: 142713
I'm considering doing a major refurb /update of our '05 30IB.
Is this best done by the factory or are there third parties who can do quality work for less?

My wish list is extensive: Replace kitchen sink, cup holders in drains, & faucet (drains are corroding away and sink has cuts in plastic, faucet base plate is chipping)
 Bathroom sink screen cup holders in drains are beginning to corrode.  Replace them too?

Fix rust on back bumper (remove rust, repaint)

Fix rust on pass side rear molding (replace molding?)

Replace all (3 or 5?) interior incandescent lights with LEDs
 Replace all (8) florescent lights with LEDs (we added a short one on left side of kitchen sink)

Add 110 outlets by each side of master bed

Add 110 outlet by main (front) TV
 TV mount wall bracket in bedroom (1st choice: wall backing up to shower, 2ed choice bathroom wall).

New flat screen LED TV for main room ?  Need inverter?
 Solve problem: when front TV is switched off Satellite to antenna/cable side, back TV can't tune Satellite.
 Can rooftop satellite dish be safely added to unit if roof was not reinforced at construction?  Can it be done with minimal leakage risk in the future?

Remove dents on Range hood.

Repair paint scratches on range cover.
 Replace water line to ice maker in refrig compartment INEXPENSIVELY?  (Heat exposure has damaged it and slack had to be cut out last year).

Re: Major refurb of '05 30IB
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 142718
Robert, a reply to your earlier post suggested contacting Larry Wade (lw5315us at yahoo.com), and I concur. The factory could probably do some of these upgrades, but I think Larry could do most of them, and more economically. He's in the L.A. area, across town from the factory, so you could even split up the work. But I'd talk with Larry first.

Andy Baird
http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: Major refurb of '05 30IB
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 142809
:: sigh :: Yahoo strikes again.

I know Larry meant that last message to be a private email to Robert, but we're all still getting used to the often-screwy way the new website does things. Since I can't tell whether Robert actually got the message, I'm going to leave Larry's post up until somebody tells me you two are in touch. (Robert, I did give you Larry's email address in my reply to your original post, so I suggest you contact him directly via private email to that address.)

Anyway, for the record, we don't allow members to advertise money-making services here, and this isn't an exception--just a Yahoo glitch. I'll delete the message once I know contact has been made.

Andy Baird
http://www.andybaird.com/travels
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"