Skip to main content
Topic: Microquiet won't crank - my problem and an easy fix (Read 48 times) previous topic - next topic
Microquiet won't crank - my problem and an easy fix
Yahoo Message Number: 138295
I've been exercising my Onan Microquiet 4000 ('03 MB) regularly over the winter, and had a problem last week when it wouldn't even turn over.  I would push the start button, hear a few light clicks, and then get flashing code 32.
 First suspect was low battery, and then the solenoid.  Both seemed fine.  I searched both the Onan manual and the archives of this group and was prepared for some major troubleshooting.
 During some web sleuthing, I ran across a possible simple solution which fixed my particular problem.
 http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/24247972/srt/pa/pging/1/page/2.cfm

Basically you disconnect the spark plug, reach in on the left side of the unit, put a 9/16" wrench on a bolt near the fan and wiggle it back and forth.  Mine was stuck.  A small bit of force broke it loose and then the generator started right up.
 I think this is a common problem, but I spent time searching both the Onan manual and this site without reading about this particular problem and solution.  I'm passing it on in case someone else finds themselves in a similar situation.
 I'd also be interested to learn what causes the problem and if it can be prevented - if anyone has ideas.

Rich '03 MB in NC
2003 MB