Skip to main content
Topic: Low Spot On Roof (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Low Spot On Roof
Yahoo Message Number: 138233
I wonder if LD designs a low spot in the roof just above the driver, or it just happens ?
 Both of mine, an '04 24 & '06 26 had them, along wit 2 others I've had an opportunity to look at had nearly identical spots. Especially agitating when it dumps its contents on you and the open door .
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.

Re: Low Spot On Roof
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 138236
I wonder if LD designs a low spot in the roof just above the driver, or it just happens ?
 Both of mine, an '04 24 & '06 26 had them, along wit 2 others I've had an opportunity to look at had nearly identical spots. Especially agitating when it dumps its contents on you and the open door .
Because of the flat roof and dams caused by the sealant along the front and sides, 'Lake Newton' is inevitably formed when you level the rig and it rains. I would have thought one soaking would be enough to remind one to keep the door and window closed when coming off the blocks?

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: Low Spot On Roof
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 138238
It even has a name !
 Some of us are just slow learners I guess. It even took me a couple of times stepping up on the "running board" to learn that method of spinal compression .

Dave W
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.