Skip to main content
Topic: DVDs in folder (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
DVDs in folder
Yahoo Message Number: 138089

I like your idea of carrying DVDs in folders; I do the same. That way I can always find a good movie to watch no matter what kind of internet connection I have--or don't have. :-)

Andy Baird
Yes, I also carry a lot of DVDs in folders. Does anyone know the cheapest source for DVDs? I usually but then either new or used on ebay for far less than Walmart or Costco or any other retailer I know. For example, yesterday I bought Lincoln on BluRay, brand new sealed in box, for $15, free shipping, no tax. But I can usually get a used once BluRay disc of a recent movie for half that price.
Tom

Re: DVDs in folder
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 138100
Tom,
 I tried a service called SwapaDVD.com.  Sans the postage which usually runs about 2.59$ per DVD mailed, you can actually trade your DVDs with other people across the USA for newer and previously unviewed movies that you are interested in.
 The service also has an alternate service for paperback books too!  The link is www.swapadvd.com.  If that link doesn't work, let me know and I will doublecheck it as it has been awhile since I swapped a movie.
 IF you haven't watched LINCOLN yet, you are so going to love it!  Great film!

Donna of the Lazy Daizy 1997 RB LD 26.5'

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 138105
Tom,
 The reason your lines "fold over" is that you use a Return/Enter key on your keyboard to control your text line length.  When the displayed line length is shorter than the one you entered, you get an automatic new line and then the one you entered.  The trick is to just keep typing and never use a Return/Enter key and have them all come out automatically as they are displayed.

Alex Rutchka, SE #4 '05 MB

DVDs in folder
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 138124
Donna wrote:

I tried a service called SwapaDVD.com.  Sans the postage which usually runs about 2.59$ per DVD mailed, you can actually trade your DVDs with other people across the USA for newer and previously unviewed movies that you are interested in.
 The service also has an alternate service for paperback books too!  The link is www.swapadvd.com.  If that link doesn't work, let me know and I will doublecheck it as it has been awhile since I swapped a movie.
 IF you haven't watched LINCOLN yet, you are so going to love it!  Great film!
Thanks Donna.  I will give that a try. No, I have not yet received Lincoln yet.
Should be here tomarrow. Did watch Life of Pi this weekend. Loved it as much as the book which was a 10 on a 1-10 scale. See you at Baker City.
Tom

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 138125
Alex wrote:

The reason your lines "fold over" is that you use a Return/Enter key on your keyboard to control your text line length.  When the displayed line length is shorter than the one you entered, you get an automatic new line and then the one you entered.  The trick is to just keep typing and never use a Return/Enter key and have them all come out automatically as they are displayed.
Thanks Alex. I will try that.
Tom