Skip to main content
Topic: Writing from Bishop, CA (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Writing from Bishop, CA
Yahoo Message Number: 137741
Well... We sold our 1989 26.5 RB (130k miles) and are traveling to Escondido CA tomorrow to look at a 2000 26.5 RB. We're pretty excited to see what she looks like. Once again, I have to thank lifewithalazydayer 'for sale' ads for the lead.
 Have any of you fellow lazy dazers gone down and looked at that one?  There is a gentleman at Sonrise RV that now owns the coach.  Says he bought it from a local widow. I e-mailed the person who posted the ad to our group file back in November to see if she was the prior owner.
 I'm continued to be torn... We really want a MB since we travel with three small children but our previous RB always seemed to work f out well.  Those two coaches in the rear that make a queen is very desirable to us.
 Any experience out there with Good Sam Service Plans?  Think I'm leaning that way... Anyhow, if anyone has any intel on the 2000 26.5 RB at Sonrise RV in Escondido, I'd love to hear it.
 For the guy who just bought the eBay/Philidelpia LD... Congrats... Many of us west coasters watched that coach on eBay for months just wondering.  From all indications, you did very well.  Good lock!  Tim

Re: Writing from Bishop, CA
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 137747
"Any experience out there with Good Sam Service Plans"
 Most of us use and have had good service from Coach Net. Do a search of this forum for details .
Good Sam has had its up and downs both service-wise and financially.
I stay away from the Camping World/Good Sam conglomerate as much as possible.
I do get a stack of advertising from them weekly, my recycling center loves them.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 137750
The OP was talking about Good Sam's Service Plan, not their emergency road-side service.
 Like any service plan, read it in detail to find out what is covered, and even more importantly, what isn't covered.  Also, learn exactly what you have to do in order to get a covered claim paid...if you don't follow those steps exactly, the company can deny your claim.  Keep in mind that these companies are in the business to make money and they don't do that by paying a lot of claims, so it is in their best interest to find any way they can to deny coverage.  If you read the action columns in magazines such as Highways, Trailer Life, and Motorhome Magazine, you'll realize that the complaint most often made is against companies not paying a claim that should have been covered...mostly because the people didn't follow the instructions exactly to get their claim covered.

Linda Hylton http://earl-linda.blogspot.com
Linda Hylton

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 137753
"The OP was talking about Good Sam's Service Plan, not their emergency road-side service."

Linda
 Silly me thinking "Good Sam Service Plan" pertained to emergency towing.
A better description would have been "Good Sam's EXTENDED Service Plan", as stated on its website.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 137756
I used their extended service plan a couple of years for our Cardinal TT.
It is priced very high in my opinion. I did not renew. No claims to test that end.
James

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 137767

"Any experience out there with Good Sam Service Plans?"

Tim
Yes Tim and that is why I switched to 'Coach Net'.

http://www.coach-net.com/

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 137774
wrote: it is that pesky V-10 that I worry about.
--- My V-10 experience is limited to the engine in my 2003, and while it's certainly possible that one or another of the V-10's engine components  is in imminent danger of blowing up/out, developing a leak, or disintegrating, I can say that I have experienced *no* engine problems in over 78,000 miles. I expect this V-10 to a remain a strong, reliable power plant, i.e., a "first kick starter", for several thousand more miles.

As ever, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 137778
The V10 on our 1998 24' SOB has 180,000 miles, still gets 10 mpg towing a 2500 lb trailer, same distance between oil additions, same power. The blown spark plug at 150,000 and a MAP sensor replacement are the only problems so far. I've spent the same amount repairing the Onan generator as the V10! I consider 78,000 miles "almost new" - you're still 3 years from the first scheduled spark plug replacement.

Eric Greenwell
2005 Jayco 24SS

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 137790

"Any experience out there with Good Sam Service Plans?"

Tim
Yes Tim and that is why I switched to 'Coach Net'.

http://www.coach-net.com/

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!