Skip to main content
Topic: Bought my dream Lazy Daze (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Bought my dream Lazy Daze
Yahoo Message Number: 137637
Today I drove away from Tucson AZ with my "new to me" 2004 red Lazy Daze Twin-King. It was created for The Muellers who took very good care of it; makes me the second owner. I'm delighted with it, as it is exactly what I was looking to get.
 I'm currently camped at Oliver Lee Memorial State Park near Alamogordo NM. Tomorrow morning I head for Abilene TX on my way back to Florida.
Pleinguy : Full-Timer
2004 Twin-King "Tardis"
PleinAirJourney.com

Re: Bought my dream Lazy Daze
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 137640
"Today I drove away from Tucson AZ with my 'new to me' 2004 red Lazy Daze Twin-King."
 Congratulations, David! I know it's been a long search; I'm glad you finally found just what you wanted. :-)

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 137641
On Mar 22, 2013, at 9:44 PM, Pleinguy wrote:

Today I drove away from Tucson AZ with my "new to me" 2004 red Lazy Daze Twin-King. It was created for The Muellers who took very good care of it; makes me the second owner. I'm delighted with it, as it is exactly what I was looking to get.
Hey Pleinguy,
 I'm pretty sure my husband and I saw you earlier today heading east on I-10. We were rolling in the opposite direction, bound for Arizona from Las Cruces, NM. Yep, that beautiful red LD we spotted heading east HAD to be you!
 We hope you'll enjoy your LD as much as we are enjoying our blue 2009 MB. (Maybe you noticed us too.)
 Martha... normally of Santa Fe, but camping tonight in lovely Willcox, AZ

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 137648
 I'm currently camped at Oliver Lee Memorial State Park near Alamogordo NM. Tomorrow morning I head for Abilene TX on my way back to Florida.
Congratulations on your LD, I am sure you will enjoy it.
When you get to Abline, there is a nice State Park near Buffalo Gap just south of town. The best part of the park is that it is just around the corner from Perini Ranch. Perini Ranch is one of the best restaurants in Texas IMHO.

Jim

Perini Ranch in Texas
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 137649
On Sat, 23 Mar 2013 12:52:18 -0000, "dflynt23" wrote:

When you get to Abline, there is a nice State Park near Buffalo Gap just south of town. The best part of the park is that it is just around the corner from Perini Ranch. Perini Ranch is one of the best restaurants in Texas IMHO.
If you like steak, it's the place to go. Just don't go when it's hot, as there is no ac. You may need a GPS to find the place, no neon signs. And if you want to go at prime time, have reservations.

Cheers, Don
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 137653
Congratulations on your "new to you" Lazy Daze and welcome to the LD Family!  Hope to meet you on the road sometime.

Donna and Jim Smeall with their 1997 Lazy Daizy RB 26.5'

: )

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 137673
Quote from: Martha Marks

"I'm pretty sure my husband and I saw you earlier today heading east on I-10. We were rolling in the opposite direction, bound for Arizona from Las Cruces, NM. Yep, that beautiful red LD we spotted heading east HAD to be you!"
 Yes, that was me just west of Safford heading east on I-10. I saw your blue Mid-bath towing a blue HHR heading west. You are officially the first LD I saw while traveling in my new rig. Enjoy your time in Arizona.
 I'm blogging about me trip back east at PleinAirJourney.blogspot.com
Pleinguy : Full-Timer
2004 Twin-King "Tardis"
PleinAirJourney.com

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 137674
On Mar 23, 2013, at 8:04 PM, Pleinguy wrote:

You are officially the first LD I saw while traveling in my new rig. Enjoy your time in Arizona.
Wow, that's a distinct feather in our cap! :-)
 We're in AZ now but heading to CA for about a month. Planning to stop at the Mothership to let Vince check out a couple of minor issues.

You will have a great time in that beautiful rig!
 Any chance you're an artist? Usually the term "plein air" is associated with outdoor painters, of which my husband is one. If so, it's another fun coincidence.

Martha

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 137678
On Mar 23, 2013, at 9:00 PM, Bill Bussiere wrote:

Reading his blog, he definitely is a painter!
Yep. I should have checked that first.
 He will *love* using his LD as a mobile art studio. My husband does just that, and I enjoy ours as a mobile photo base too.

Martha