Skip to main content
Topic: Doran 360rv TPMS (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Doran 360rv TPMS
Yahoo Message Number: 137525
I might as well get involved with this thread, too.
 We always learn something from someone that knows a bit more than we do.
 I use this system: http://www.doranmfg.com/rvtirepressuremonitors.htm

Turn the key on- instant readout High and low pressure alarm- no temperature.
External sensors mounted on metal Tireman valve stems.
Sensor batteries not replaceable.
Toad or trailer signals received with no problem.
 I also use the older Pressure Pro on another RV. I did blow an inside dual without warning due to tread separation. A temperature or high pressure alarm would have given that warning. At least it helped me find it after the fact, heh, heh.
Harry
Harry 2006RB

Re: Doran 360rv TPMS
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 137548
According to the link, the Doran system does provide a temperature alarm at 248 deg F.

I've often wondered if a tread separation is always preceded by a temperature increase, or failures can happen from a catastrophic mechanical failure so there is no temperature warning.
 My previous motorhome, a Class B, had a partial tread separation that caused the tire to vibrate noticeably. I had to check three different times before I noticed the bulge. That was on a rear tire. Since this Class B didn't have duallys, it was probably easier to notice the unbalanced condition.

Eric Greenwell
2005 Jayco 24SS

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 138499
Some wiring help please.
 I decided on the Doran 360 rv.  For the time being I'll run off the dash 12v power and the splitter that was suggested in another thread. To get the best use (see Harry's notes below) Doran suggest hardwiring the unit.  That is done by clipping and removing the 12 v plug (they suggest leaving a bit of wire on the plug in case one wishes to go back).  The clipped power cord will expose three wires:

A) One wire to 12v un-switch power (figured on using the power to the radio).
B) One wire to ground (thought I would again use the ground wire to the radio), and
C) One wire to 12v power that runs off the ignition (switched power).

Any comments on the best under dash, easy to access source for the wire to item C, switched power?

Thanks Harry and everyone that replied to my power thread.
John

"Harry Bawcom"  wrote:
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 138501
A) I think the hot side of the brake light switch on the pedel would work.
B) I think there are gound wires going to a screw
Harry 2006RB