Skip to main content
Topic: (no subject) (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
(no subject)
Yahoo Message Number: 137347
Does anyone know how many gallons of gas a 1991 e350 ford LD HOLDS?

Re: (unknown)
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 137349
Hi Dale,
 The rear 22 gallon tank is mounted behind the rear axle. If you have dual tanks, the front tank holds 18 gallons. I hope this answer your question.
Have a good night.

Old Salt

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 137353
The rear 22 gallon tank is mounted behind the rear axle. If you have dual tanks, the front tank holds 18 gallons. I hope this answer your question.
I don't believe this to be true. Our '83 Chevy G30 Lazy Daze, with a lighter chassis, came standard with a 33 gal tank. You can't judge the cutaway chassis by the van specs. However, I don't know the answer.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 137354
Steve,
 You are right that the previous answer was incorrect.  My 91 had a 32 or 34 gallon tank.  Can't remember which.

Victor

Sent from Droid X

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

1991 E350 gas tank capacity
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 137355
Dale

You could call the source of all thing Lazy Daze, the Mothership.
How about the coach owner's manual that was supplied with your LD? Lastly, you could measure the exterior dimensions of the tank and do the math for an approximate capacity.

See you in Morro Bay.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Gas tank capacity
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 137360
Funny you should bring that up. My 'official' GM shop manual says my '93 G30 came standard with a 22 gallon tank. I couldn't figure out whether the fuel gauge was faulty, or whether it was actually an optional larger tank, because it stayed near full even after around 50 miles.
 So there I am, once again hunting through the RPO (regular production option) codes [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regular_Production_Option%5d, only to confirm I have the 22 gallon tank (due to the lack of a larger tank code being present).
 Still suspicious that I might have a larger tank, I actually called Vince and asked him if the factory ever did any modifications. He was adamant that they don't touch the factory chassis, except for wiring in the diode. He then suggested I might have an aftermarket tank, but that doesn't fly with anything else about our rig, which is absolutely 100% stock.
 To end the story, I ended up crawling under the vehicle with my tape to measure the dimensions of the tank. Got back out, looked it up ... and it's a 22 gallon tank. Dang! What that means is I can't trust my gauge (join the club), so I've been manually monitoring mileage & MPG to assess the actual fuel level in the tank.

K

--- In lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com, "Larry"