Skip to main content
Topic: Touch Up Paint In Spray Cans (Read 17 times) previous topic - next topic
Touch Up Paint In Spray Cans
Yahoo Message Number: 136982
FYI the Mothership no longer supplies touch up paint in spray cans. (They have a few old cans of the Oxford White left) but no other colors. I was told they had too many complaints on the Cardinal Lacquer that was previosly offered. So I am on a quest to get some custom mixed rattle cans of Cardinal 6609-75506. I have tried 4 paint places but nobody has been able to help. If anyone knows a source that will ship to AZ. or CA. please reply.

Thanks, Bob Quartzsite, AZ. for a few...

Re: Touch Up Paint In Spray Cans
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 136996
" I was told they had too many complaints on the Cardinal Lacquer that was previosly offered."
 I can believe that.  Vince told me that it had shelf life of about 6 months.
I had a can of the dark blue that was close to a year old when I finally used it.  It didn't even come close to matching.
 Have you thought about just finding a matching paint and then investing in an inexpensive air-brush (Harbor Freight) for applying it?
 Please let us know if you come up with a good source for "touch up" paint.

Doug

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Touch Up Paint In Spray Cans
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 137002
Are you sure LD was providing lacquer? If so, no wonder there was poor color matching. That's because the final finish coat from the factory is two-part polyurethane (Cardinal). IOW, you must use it immediately after it's mixed ie no rattle cans.

Anyway, the way you do it is as follows:

1. Get the official Ford/Chevy white from NMB:  http://www.imatchpaint.com/

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 137004
I have checked with numerous paint shops that couldn't make heads or tails out of the Cardinal paint code. So I called Cardinal and they said the paint is a custom color. The only way they will make a batch is if I buy 20 cans at $8.10 ea. Ugh...

Bob

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 137005
Bob
 That should be enough to paint the entire motorhome, maybe you can sell some them.
I will take a can.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 137006
How about a group buy LOL? There are a lot of Blue/White LD's out there.
I would be happy to coordinate!

Bob Quartzsite, AZ. for a few...