Skip to main content
Topic: Radio/CD Questions (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Radio/CD Questions
Yahoo Message Number: 136952
Two questions for the group...
 Does anyone know if Satelite radio (ie Sirus XM) can receive regular radio broadcasts or just satelite channels?
 Has anyone replaced their "Sony X-plod" CD changer (but NOT the dash unit), and if they have, with what.  Turns out CD changers are no longer available.

THANKS!  Lisa and Ghost Rider
2005 RB

Re: Radio/CD Questions
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 136954
"Does anyone know if Satelite radio (ie Sirus XM) can receive regular radio broadcasts or just satelite channels?"

Lisa
 A Sirus XM satellite radio will just received their broadcasts, it is an entirely different technology than AM or FM radio.
You can buy replacement dash radios that include Sirus XM.
One advantage of the stand-alone XM radios is the ability to move it from car to car or into the house, letting one subscription have multiple duties
 The only thing you can replace the CD changer is with another one. You might find one on Ebay but most have given up on CDs and use iPod-type devices to carry all their music in one small package.
Our 2003 LD's CD changer broke years ago so we burned all of our music into the computer, now available for loading into our iPad or iPhones. Adios CDs.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 136957
Most (all?) of the Sirius radios put into vehicles (don't know about Lazy Daze) have three settings:  AM, FM, and Sirius.  So, although you won't get regular radio broadcasts "from" Sirius, you can receive them from the AM or FM settings.

Linda Hylton http://earl-linda.blogspot.com
Linda Hylton

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 136965
The CD player portion of the original Sony dash radio/CD in my 2005 MB quit a few years ago.  I had LD replace it with the Sony unit that they were then installing in new rigs.  The nice part about the new unit was that it had an audio input jack on the front panel where you could plug in MP3 players, Sirrus radios, etc.  Like Larry we have put all of out must on our cell phones and an MP3 player.  We seldom use the CD player unit itself.  Most newer "in-dash" units of any brand will have this front panel jack.  Some go as far has having control features specifically for iPod.
 The last time I looked (18 months ago), LD was no longer installing Sony units.  I can't remember the brand but was not impressed by it and felt that it was more of a "big box store - low price-point" product.  It might be the a Ford factory installed unit.

Doug

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Radio/CD Questions
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 136967
We're replacing our original Panasonic AM/FM **tape player** radio with this unit:
 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006B1C88Y/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Like many others, we moved all of our music to our various pods, pads & phones years ago since our daily drivers have built
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.