Skip to main content
Topic: Converting Entertainment Center to Bed (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Converting Entertainment Center to Bed
Yahoo Message Number: 136704
Hello.  I have searched this forum and found that converting the entertainment center to a cab over bed would be difficult and is not recommended by Lazy Daze.  However, has anyone here done it?  If so, can you let me know how difficult it was or point to any other sources of how to do it? -Scott

Re: Converting Entertainment Center to Bed
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 136708
Hello.  I have searched this forum and found that converting the entertainment center to a cab over bed would be difficult and is not recommended by Lazy Daze.  However, has anyone here done it?  If so, can you let me know how difficult it was or point to any other sources of how to do it? -Scott
Scott, I kind of remember this earlier discussion and a major problem I believe was that everything inside is attached, nailed or screwed, from the outside-in before aluminum is installed.  I guessing this aluminum would have to be removed to access these fasteners..  I'm sure their are other issues as well and I could be off base on the one I mentioned.  Check with Vince at the MS before trying anything like this as other have advised.

Joe Hamm

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 136709
At 12:52 PM 2/7/2013, you wrote:

Scott, I kind of remember this earlier discussion and a major problem I believe was that everything inside is attached, nailed or screwed, from the outside-in before aluminum is installed. I guessing this aluminum would have to be removed to access these fasteners.. I'm sure their are other issues as well and I could be off base on the one I mentioned.
Another all-important issue is that the structure is not properly reinforced to accept a cabover bed and the weight of the occupant[s] in a rig with an entertainment center. Not only must you access the structure somehow, you'd need to reinforce it properly, and I doubt that would be either easy or affordable.

Sonsie

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 136718
The previous owner converted our 2001 IB. We don't need it and wish it were original, however is good storage. It looks very nice and I think was well done. LD says not to do it. I have the invoices for the convertion and it was over $8000.00. Alot of money for a bed.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 136806
Thank you.  I did call Lazy Daze who said it would be better to start looking for a new motor home.