Skip to main content
Topic: Mid Bath or Rear Bath (Read 25 times) previous topic - next topic
Mid Bath or Rear Bath
Yahoo Message Number: 136594
We are looking at LD 27 foot and are trying to decide on the MB or RB. We actually like them both, but I am sure there are advantages and disadvantages of both. What do you owners think? Thanks

Re: Mid Bath or Rear Bath
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 136597
We are looking at LD 27 foot and are trying to decide on the MB or RB. We actually like them both, but I am sure there are advantages and disadvantages of both. What do you owners think? Thanks
Were you considering the entertainment center or not? If not, are you considering your prime sleeping are to be the cabover bunk, or not? Consider these issues, because they will filter your responses.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 136598
Fred, with the MB you basically have 2 bedrooms when you separate with the bathroom door or curtain.  Great if have kids or grandkids.
Joe Hamm-2003 MB

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 136604
You will get many diverse opinions on this subject.  I would suggest starting your research by checking out the archives of this group as well as the Lazy Daze Companion http://lazydazearticles.blogspot.com/p/whats-this-all-about.html

We absolutely love our 2011 midbath with the huge wrap around rear windows and the separate areas for sleeping, eating, reading etc. We don't regret our decision at all. Others love the large bath in the rear bath model and the more open feeling when you are inside the rig. Search the archives for more info and you will have plenty of reading to do!  Good luck.

Marti in Seattle

We are looking at LD 27 foot and are trying to decide on the MB or RB. We actually like them both, but I am sure there are advantages and disadvantages of both. What do you owners think?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
Marti
2011 Blue MB
Seattle

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 136607
We owned a '99 RB for over three years and loved it. We moved to a 30' IB AE and are happy with it as well. We were able to sleep more in the RB than in the 30IB. We had the opposing sofas that made into twin/full/queen/king beds by pulling them together. We used them as twins so the isle way was always open. When two of our grandchildren traveled with us, one would use the over the cab bed while the other used the dinette. We loved the openness of the RB and the 30IB gives us similar - bu not the same - openness. The big key, in our opinion, is sleep patterns. We have similar sleep habits so the RB worked very well for us. We have had the 30IB for over six years now and I still miss some of the features of the RB such as load capacity and agility getting into an RV site.
 I personally did not care for the MB as it seemed "chopped up" but I also recognized that having two areas to "chill in" was a plus.

Bob SE 5

__ From: fred.heard62 feheard@...>
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Saturday, February 2, 2013 11:01 AM
 Subject: [LD] Mid Bath or Rear Bath

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 136608
Have you seen both in person visualized your lifestyle in each?  (My further response depends on your answer to this question, as we were exactly in your situation before we bought.)

Ted

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 136609
We've had both a MB and a RB.

We prefer a RB - because we were able to sleep over the cab.
 We loved the super-king bed in a MB - but interestingly, with either a MB or RB (bed over cab) - SOMEONE has to climb over SOMEONE at O dark 30.
 The other name for a RB is "Party Plan." We loved the openness. And were surprised by its window-openness.
 As far as grand kids go, they sleep anywhere ... Even in a 40ft Foretravel one slept on the sofa and the other one slept on the floor. No way are we giving up our queen bed.

best, paul

"When you arise in the morning, think of****

what a precious privilege it is to be alive...****

to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."****

~ Marcus Aurelius

We are looking at LD 27 foot and are trying to decide on the MB or RB. We actually like them both, but I am sure there are advantages and disadvantages of both. What do you owners think?

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 136611
"We are looking at LD 27 foot and are trying to decide on the MB or RB. We actually like them both, but I am sure there are advantages and disadvantages of both."
 If you go to the Files section on this group's website, you'll find in the Frequently Asked Questions folder a document called "What size and floorplan is best for me?" that collects many, many opinions from owners.
 My two cents' worth: many people like the RB because of its end-to-end openness. If you socialize a lot, it gives you a better setup for inviting friends over. Paul's "party plan" label isn't far from the truth.
 On the other hand, if you travel with children, or you're a couple with differing day/night cycles, or who just need some time apart once in awhile, the midbath gives you two rooms instead of one big room. That's probably why it's LD's best-selling model.
 But the only way to decide for yourself is to check the models out for yourself. You can see most of them at the factory, but if that's too far from your home base, another great way to see the various floorplans firsthand is to go to one of the get-togethers of the regional Lazy Daze caravan clubs. They usually set aside one morning for "open house," and most owners are happy to show off their rigs.
 I strongly urge you not to make a decision based solely on what you read here or elsewhere, but to get out and walk through these rigs to see how they feel.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 136612
We have a 2010 MB and like the plan. Two sleeping areas as mentioned, privacy with the way the bath door closes, and enjoy the "rear lounge" area for entering when not comfortable outside.
We actually had 6 in the rear and 4 at the dinette on an awful rainy night...the place was cozy but we were dry, plus the wine didn't hurt either !

Dean Ansley

2010 Mid Bath

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 136645
Our family had specific needs when we were looking to replace our front lounge model LD.  When we had our first LD, our family was growing.  What we appreciate about the MB is that we have privacy from the kids at night.  We can put the kids to bed in the front.  Then my wife and I can open the bathroom door and we can read or play Scrabble and not bother the kids.   The one negative for us about the MB is when we're driving.  Most of the time we put the car seats in the back and most people sit back there.  Usually the driver finds them self alone while driving.     Rob, Maria, Selah (4yrs old) and Robbie (19mo old)

> To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com From:
 Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 16:01:15 +0000
 Subject: [LD] Mid Bath or Rear Bath

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 136646
We currently have a rear kitchen model, which is similar to the MB model, particularly the bathroom arrangement with accordion door.
Previously, we had a 1980 RB that we loved. They each have their advantages (as you can see by previous messages).
 One thing that no one else has mentioned is that the toilet in the RB is like a regular house toilet; the RK/MB unit is mounted on some sort of riser that means your feet do not touch the floor unless you are the size of a basketball player. The RK/MB unit also seems to have less wiggle room, side to side. I very much preferred the toilet in the RB!

Sonsie

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 136647
AND, a big plus with the RB is you can wave at cars behind you while you sit and read ;o)

best, paul

"When you arise in the morning, think of****

what a precious privilege it is to be alive...****

to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."****

~ Marcus Aurelius

I very much preferred the toilet

in the RB!

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 136651
I love my rear bath. The shower is such a lovely size even though mine is only 23.5'. I never feel closed in.

Sandy

__ From: Bill Bussiere bill.bussiere@...>
 To: "lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com" lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com>
 Sent: Monday, February 4, 2013 4:16 PM
 Subject: Re: [LD] Re: Mid Bath or Rear Bath

Ha!!! I've always been impressed on how friendly LD folks are!!!

Bill Bussiere Fox Head, Inc.