Skip to main content
Topic: No Electric Power to Anything While Plugged In. Even the Battery Li (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
No Electric Power to Anything While Plugged In. Even the Battery Li
Yahoo Message Number: 136517
Hey everyone, I used to have an account here, but somehow lost my login details, so I'm back with a new account!  It's nice to be back!
 Anyway, I've been house sitting for my parents while they're in Arizona, so Lucy, my '84 22' Rear Lounge diesel has been parked outside and I haven't been using her much.  I was basically living in her prior to house sitting.
 So, a little while ago I went out to get something out of her and there was NO power to anything.  She's plugged into an outlet on the outside of my parents garage.  The battery operated lights don't work either! The refrigerator is not working.  Everything's dead.   [:((]
 I flipped the breakers on and off and that didn't help.  It's kind of cold and rainy out there, so I didn't spend much time trying to figure it out.
 So, does anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong?  Do you have any questions for me?  I want to figure this out asap.
I LOVE LUCY!

Thanks for your help!

Kathy  [:">]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: No Electric Power to Anything While Plugged In. Even the Batter
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 136518
"So, does anyone have any ideas of what might be wrong? Do you have any questions for me?"

Kathy
 Are you sure the shore power circuit is hot, did you check the house's breakers?. Is a GFI tripped?  Plug something into the house's receptacle and make sure it has power.
If good, then check the LD's breakers.

Do you have multimeter and know how to use it?

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 136519
Hi Larry! Thanks for the reply.  Now I feel like an idiot!  The GFI in the garage had tripped.  Normally I would have checked that in the first place, but the fact that even the "house battery" lights weren't working is what was weird.  They have always worked before when Lucy's not plugged in.  Can you explain this? I'm just glad that she's gonna be OK!  Spring will be here before we know it and we have to go on a road trip! Thanks again, Kathy

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 136522
"that even the "house battery" lights weren't working is what was weird. They have always worked before when Lucy's not plugged in. Can you explain this?"

Kathy
 The house battery might be discharged. If the 120-VAC power was off for an extended period, parasitic loads, or any light left on,  might have totally drained the battery.
See how things look tomorrow, after charging overnight.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)