Skip to main content
Topic: First year trip to Florida (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
First year trip to Florida
Yahoo Message Number: 136492
I left the DC area the 25 of Jan with my brother and his six year old son.  Snow was in the forecast so school let out early.  Good and bad. Good because we were ahead of the I 95 traffic bubble.  Bad because I don't like this stretch of road in the snow. To many of us see little snow to have good skills. Luck rode with us, road temps stayed high enough and the folks driving near me were all being careful.  In two days we were in Coco Beach near my sister and mother.
We thought we were on a great adventure.  We knew we were on a great adventure. Then we met the two French women in the RV next to us. A great big 6x6 built by Scandia or some Euro truck firm.  They've been on the road four years. Africa South America, western USA and now the south.
Great people with great stories.
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Re: First year trip to Florida
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 136493
No matter what one does, there is always someone else out there doing it even better. Last year, there was a guy attempting to day-hike Whitney 52 weekends in a row. Then, a few others seized on the idea of summitting 2 times in one (full 24 hr) day. By the end of summer, one guy had almost pulled off a 3x.

As for travel adventures, check out this surf trip from LA to Buenos Aires:
 http://www.surfline.com/surf-news/tripwire-the-american-pacific_90968/