Skip to main content
Topic: What's that alarm? Good for a small laugh... (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
What's that alarm? Good for a small laugh...
Yahoo Message Number: 136408
So I am getting ready for a trip to Florida.  I've moved the RV from storage to my house a few days ago.  Of course the weather took a turn to the very cold, temperatures dropping below freezing and staying there all day long.  Yesterday I am taking a few things out to DaVee (DW's name for the RV) and from out side I hear a very faint electric alarm.  Just a solid whining but faint.
First worry is the propane. No not that.
What about the fire and CO alarm? No, the CO and Fire alarms are ok and working.
Where is the noise coming from? Turns out to be the clock alarm.
I didn't know it had an alarm.
 I can't read the display because the cold and almost dead batteries has all the black lines that make the display active.
Oh well.  I'm retired.  To paraphrase a movie, " Clock, We don't need no stinking clock."  I change the batteries in FL.
 No loading anything that freezes until just before the trip.  I'll leave the RV winterized, and just use pink stuff to flush the toilet if needed until we find warmer weather.  We will have bottled water to drink so no worries there.   I thought about plugging in and running the electric heater but didn't think that would be that much a help for the amount of electricity wasted.
I am near Washington DC, so warmer (above freezing) weather is not that far south.  I head out tomorrow afternoon once my nephew gets out of school.

Take care everyone. Have fun and be safe, John
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath