Skip to main content
Topic: A Tire Question (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
A Tire Question
Yahoo Message Number: 136396
Since I got such great responses about valve extenders, which came in the mail two days ago, I'd like to next ask about tires.
 Last time we bought tires we got the Goodyear G647 RSS All Steel, LT225/75R16, Loadrange E, 10 ply tires.
 Would this still be a good choice or have things changed in the tire world in the past six years?

Thank you for the help.

Kathy

Re: A Tire Question
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 136401
"kathymd31"  wrote:
 Last time we bought tires we got the Goodyear G647 RSS All Steel, LT225/75R16, Loadrange E, 10 ply tires.
Would this still be a good choice or have things changed in the tire world in the past six years? --- Frequent changes by tire manufacturers in offerings and specs are common; Goodyear's current tire numbers for this tire and its "RSA" mate are on this page:
 http://www.goodyeartrucktires.com/tires/default.aspx?app=6&pos=All Position&tiresize=LT225/75R16&search=homepage 
Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: A Tire Question
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 136402
Kathy:  While at the Tire Man getting valve extenders installed he had both the Goodyear steel tire and the most common Michelin RV tire laying on the floor.   Chuck prefers the Goodyear because of the steel with one primary benefit that it will last a few years longer than the Michelin, although it is quite a bit more expensive.   In comparing the two side-by-side he points out the thicker and stiffer steel sidewall on the Goodyear.   On the other hand, the Michelin gives a softer ride and is the tire of choice by many RVers.   I replace my Michelins at the 5-6 year mark, or if I begin seeing sidewall cracks.   Bottom line is if you're OK with the Goodyear higher cost and are OK with the stiffer ride, then why change?   Happy Trails,   Gale
G N Wilson
2008 Mid-Bath