Skip to main content
Topic: Emerald Plus generator in 1994 midbath (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Emerald Plus generator in 1994 midbath
Yahoo Message Number: 136291
Hello i could use some help i was running my generator while at the storage location and it shut down i found that i had run the gas tank to low so i added more gas to the tank and now it wont start any ideas thanks Joe.
2009 Kodiak 32 foot Island Bed

Re: Emerald Plus generator in 1994 midbath
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 136292
"Hello i could use some help i was running my generator while at the storage location and it shut down i found that i had run the gas tank to low so i added more gas to the tank and now it wont start any ideas thanks"
Joe

Since you ran it dry Joe you need to 'prime' the genset so that the fuel pump has something to work with.

There was a rather extensive thread about this topic just recently.

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 136293
Hello i could use some help i was running my generator while at the storage location and it shut down i found that i had run the gas tank to low so i added more gas to the tank and now it wont start any ideas thanks Joe.

Joe, go to the CumminsOnan site http://www.cumminsonan.com/> and get to the help area and email or call them with your question. Be sure to have your model # and serial # handy when you email or speak with them.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 136301
Found it to be bad fuel pump at generator will look around for new one thanks for all the help.
Joe
2009 Kodiak 32 foot Island Bed

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 136302
Joe, how did you determine it was a bad fuel pump? Based on comments from posters when I described my Onan's strange noise, I believe I have a bad one too, and will be taking it to the local (Denver area) Onan shop soon.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB