Skip to main content
Topic: Bathroom door latch (Read 34 times) previous topic - next topic
Bathroom door latch
Yahoo Message Number: 136247
Does anyone here know of a common replacement for the bathroom door latch ? Mine was jamed in the locked position, with no one inside, ended up knocking it off to get in. Ya, I tried that also.

Dave W. Livingston, TX
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.

Re: Bathroom door latch
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 136248
I broke mine shortly after buying the RV.  The Mothership has them in stock and will sell you one. I found the price to be reasonable. Remember they do not take credit cards.
John DaCrema
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 136255
Thanks for the replies.
 Yep, I COULD have called the "Mothership", but personally, it is a PITA since they don't do CC's, mail a check, wait for them to get the check, then mail the part. I COULD also have searched the net and found the latch at several places, cheaper than you link. Amazon included, with overnight shipping here - http://www.amazon.com/BRD-10811-Privacy-Latch/dp/B003BVZ14A . But I chose using this forum, which I believe allows everyone to share their knowledge, which you did, and I thank you for showing your intellect.

Dave W, Livingston, TX
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 136269
This latch will work but two comments: 1) You will have to drill out the holes a little.  Unfortunately, they are not a perfect fit.  2)  The one LD supplies is much easier to open with the back of your hand.  This one requires precisely pushing the button.
 I've installed this version, but to do it again, I would have written the check to LD and waited!

Steve Teal 98 LD30 "Bob" San Carlos, CA
2004 MB Lazy Daze, Jeep Wrangler Sport 2 Door
Previous LD: 92 22RB, 98 30IB, 15 27RB
Previous TT: 2020 Lance 2185