Skip to main content
Topic: Interior Design (Read 12 times) previous topic - next topic
Interior Design
Yahoo Message Number: 135928
Hello all -
 In looking at many RV's, I'm always struck by the interior appeal of my LD(2005); like many men, perhaps, I could never design an interior well, but I sure know a good interior design when I see it. The LD always seems like the interior of a nicer sailboat, or something like that.
 The colors, materials, limited use/width of complex mouldings, understated cabinetry, I think, add up to quite a sum. While I realize that tastes are different, the "cheap" or "tacky" or "over-luxurious" look seems so common even in well-regarded brands.
 Has anyone found this quality "look" to be common in any other RV brands? I mean high-value brands, not price-is-no-object brands. Does anyone think that RV interiors can be "remodelled" successfully, as seems to be possible with building interiors?

Regards, TS

Re: Interior Design
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 135929
I agree.  I bought my LD for the sturdiness and service aspect, but the interior has grown on me with each use.  I came from an Airstream trailer with a very flashy interior.  This one is understated, functional and comfortable.  It also has an element of sturdy likeable  charm.  It is clear it has matured over many years.
 I do think those considering the LD should look into all the interior choices available.  IMO some of the floor units tend to the dark and somber.  I like my interior fabric but I wonder if the factory would use customer supplied fabric and possibly floor vinyl?  Mine was a floor model but if I was ordering it I'd order the lighter wood. Simply for more reflected light

Re: Interior Design
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 135930
IMO some of the floor units tend to the dark and somber.

I agree with the dark interior/lighting problem. It seems to me that the LD window tint is too dark; I wish for a tint level about like the windshield, with individual metal awnings for each window. I don't like using up electrical power to light up the interior, but too dark inside is no good.

TS