Skip to main content
Topic: 2013 Yahoo West GTG at Morro Bay State Park - March 15-17 is the co (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
2013 Yahoo West GTG at Morro Bay State Park - March 15-17 is the co
Yahoo Message Number: 135789
There has been a lot of confusion about the date because I had to change it to keep from interfering with the March Lazy Daze Caravan GTG.
The correct date for the Morro Bay GTG is March 14-17, 2013.
In the past many have shown up up Thursday or even earlier and enjoy the many pleasures of Morro Bay. My wife and I plan on arriving Thursday evening.

See you there.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Re: 2013 Yahoo West GTG at Morro Bay State Park - March 15-17 is th
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 135790
"Larry"  wrote: In the past many have shown up up Thursday or even earlier and enjoy the many pleasures of Morro Bay.
--- The Yahoo get-together at Morro Bay SP is always a good time; friendly, welcoming people, "enthusiastic" participation in happy hours and potlucks, rig tours, "LD tweaks" sharing, and a pleasant central coast location with plenty of local activity options. There were still plenty of reservable sites for the March (14) 15-17 dates when I made my reservations this morning. Y'all come! ;-)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 135800
Arriving on Thursday Mar. 14  See you there!

My wife and I plan on arriving Thursday evening.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 136413
Today, the Lazy Daze Caravan Club announced a change in its March Caravan from March 20-25 to March 15-17. This is the same weekend as the Yahoo West GTG.
I have already changed the date once to avoid interfering with the March Caravan and too many Yahoo members have already made reservations to change the date again.
The Yahoo West GTG date remains the same- March 15-17. 2013.

Sorry if this causes problems for anyone.
I have already been contacted by several Caravan members who say they will still attend the Yahoo West GTG.

See you there.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Re: 2013 Yahoo West GTG at Morro Bay State Park - March 15-17
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 136884
Our annual Yahoo West GTG is less than a month away.
Reservations are available, unlike last year.
Just checking the Park's website, show it booking fast, with just 16 standard RV sites and 3 ADA-only sites, of the 126 total sites, available.
 If you are interested in attending, I recommend making your reservations now to keep from missing out.
http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Morro_Bay_Sp/r/campsiteCalendar.do?page=calendar&search=site&contractCode=CA&parkId=120059&topTabIndex=CampingSpot>

See you there.

Larry
2001 MB

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 136908
Just made our reservations; arriving Morro Bay SP Wed - Sunday. See ya'll soon.
Jack & Jeannette 03 IB 30
Jack - Teal 2003 IB31
Southeastern LD  #19 •• Southwestern LD  #14  ••
LD Caravan  #2999

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 136910
Jack
 We have missed you at the Caravans recently, it will be good to see you and Jeanette.
 And for anyone who is considering showing, make your reservations now!  I have heard of three new reservations this morning, dropping the remaining sites to less than 15.
Morro Bay is one of California's most popular campgrounds. Once you have visited the area, you will know why.

Larry
2001 MB

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 136913
J & J.  Great news!  I and hopefully Elizabeth will be there Thursday.
 Just made our reservations; arriving Morro Bay SP Wed - Sunday. See ya'll soon.
Jack & Jeannette 03 IB 30

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 137136
In case you wanted to go and found the park had no sites left, 5 sites appeared today so get them while you can.
 http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/Morro_Bay_Sp/r/campsiteCalendar.do?page=calendar&search=site&contractCode=CA&parkId=120059&topTabIndex=CampingSpot

http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=594

Larry
2001 MB

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 137238
The 2013 Yahoo West GTG is just one week away.
Sites are assigned at the gate when you check in. We usually try to get sites in the rear, large loop. The group meeting area will be determined Thursday or Friday, depending on where everyone is camped.

The schedule is the same as always.
-Friday is a free day to spend visiting, wandering around Morro Bay and the vicinity or ? Many walks are available. With a toad vehicle, it is hard to run out of interesting things to do and see.
We will have a potluck dinner at 5:30. Bring something healthy to eat, your favorite drink (and eating utensils) and meet everyone.
 -Saturday morning is free and then our usual "All things LD" afternoon. The format will be determined Friday.
We will have a potluck dinner at 5:30.
Firewood is always appreciated.
It gets cool in the evenings at Morro Bay so bring a warm jacket, cap and gloves.

See you there.

Larry
2001 MB

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 137277
__ From: Larry lw5315us@...>
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:23 AM
 Subject: [LD] Re: 2013  Yahoo West GTG at Morro Bay State Park - March 15-17

The 2013 Yahoo West GTG is just one week away.
Sites are assigned at the gate when you check in. We usually try to get sites in the rear, large loop. The group meeting area will be determined Thursday or Friday, depending on where everyone is camped.

The schedule is the same as always.
-Friday is a free day to spend visiting, wandering around Morro Bay and the vicinity or ? Many walks are available. With a toad vehicle, it is hard to run out of interesting things to do and see.
We will have a potluck dinner at 5:30. Bring something healthy to eat, your favorite drink (and eating utensils) and meet everyone.
 -Saturday morning is free and then our usual "All things LD" afternoon. The format will be determined Friday.
We will have a potluck dinner at 5:30.
Firewood is always appreciated.
It gets cool in the evenings at Morro Bay so bring a warm jacket, cap and gloves.

See you there.
Larry

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]