Skip to main content
Topic: Myers v2b inflate through (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Myers v2b inflate through
Yahoo Message Number: 135558
It looks like you have to buy a box of 50. I looked on eBay to see if anyone was selling solos, but no luck. Anybody want to sell me 6?

Karl

Re: Myers v2b inflate through
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 135570
"Regan"  wrote: That's them - bought 6.
--- I can't tell if the air-through valve caps listed on eBay are Alligators or not; the description mentions "double seal", but not (that I saw, anyway) the name "Alligator" or V2B.
 AFAIK, there are only two online sources for the Alligators, Meyer's or Expedition Exchange; the latter does sell the real Alligators individually:
 https://www.expeditionexchange.com/air/

IMO, there are generic air-through valve caps and there are Alligator air-through valve caps; the design, construction, materials, and durability of the German-made Alligators are superior to the imitators. I bought a box of Alligators some time back; buying a box is not cheap, but the per cap cost is about a dollar, the the same price as the non-Alligators go for. I still have a small supply remaining after gifting sets to friends, but I suppose that one could also sell them to recoup the purchase price! ;-)

As ever, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Myers v2b inflate through
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 135572
On 06.12.2012 09:49, jctaylor1941 wrote:

AFAIK, there are only two online sources for the Alligators, Meyer's or Expedition Exchange; the latter does sell the real Alligators individually:
 https://www.expeditionexchange.com/air/ [1]
Joan -- Thanks for that link!!! I had never heard of them before today and go figure -- they are literally about 3 miles from my house!  I emailed them and you are local, you can even stop by their shop to buy stuff that way..   They have some really nice stuff available there and tons of photos to aid you in decision making!
 I figure I'll be buying about 40 of those Alligators for use at home and with gifting!  Slick idea!  Thanks again!