Skip to main content
Topic: Living Long Term With Arby - Using The Pro-fill (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic
Living Long Term With Arby - Using The Pro-fill
Yahoo Message Number: 135120
At my age, saving time is more important to me than money so by definition, the Pro-fill battery watering system is worth every penny it costs.
 Here's the direct link to the detsils: http://flic.kr/p/dt4NeV
 For those who don't need to see the pictures, let me make one observation here about buying distilled water at Walmart:
 Bottled water makers are moving to ever thinner and lighter plastic in an effort to "Go Green".  Walmart's distilled water jugs are no exception. They can crack and leak in a heartbeat. The jug currently in Arby is one of the good old ones. If you are lucky enough to have an older jug in your rig, do NOT throw it away. Just buy more water and refill it.

Thanks for visiting,

George

Re: Living Long Term With Arby - Using The Pro-fill
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 135122
I forgot to make the images public...again. ;-((( It's fixed now.

I had another thought about Trojan T105s and the Pro-fill.
 The Profill in Arby is original and sold/installed by LD. As such, the water distribution manifolds are designed to fit the older style T105's with the filler caps in a straight line down the center of the battery.
 If you need new T105s, be sure to tell your supplier about this. Otherwise you are likely to get the newer style battery with filler caps on a diagonal. That will require new manifolds from Pro-fill.

Thanks for visiting,

George

Re: Living Long Term With Arby - Using The Pro-fill
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 135131
Re water bottle longevity, if you buy milk from Costco, it comes in a jug that looks like it would survive a nuclear war (no reference to Iran intended). We wash them out and use them to haul our water on trips when we don't take the LD.
 We are blessed to live right next to the Sierra, east of S. Lake Tahoe's shore, and at an elevation even with the bottom of the lake. Six miles of granite protects us from about 600 psi of really cold water. We're thinking the rubber stopper must be on crooked as water comes out of the mountain in our back yard year round. Better than store bought bottled!

bumper

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer