Skip to main content
Topic: Today's flashlight bargain (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Today's flashlight bargain
Yahoo Message Number: 134819
Today only, GoldenGadgets is offering a 1,000-lumen LED flashlight for $25:
 http://www.goldengadgets.com/led-lights/led-flashlights/high-power-led-flashlights/1000-lumen-led-flashlight-with-cree-xm-l-and-18650-lithium-battery-kit.html

This UltraFire WF-502B flashlight is 25% brighter than Bumper's beloved Fenix TK-35 (which sells for $90+)--and unlike the Fenix, this deal includes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and a 120 VAC battery charger.
 I and several friends bought these flashlights a month or so back, when they were on sale at the same $25 price. They are very well made from solid aluminum, weatherproofed, and REALLY bright! They have four modes: bright, dim (equal to most other inexpensive LED flashlights on bright), slow flashing, and fast strobe. On that last setting, one of these should be very effective for blinding an assailant--I'm still seeing spots from trying it out!
 If I read the description correctly, this deal ends at midnight Pacific time today, Saturday November 3rd. GoldenGadgets is a good outfit, by the way; I've bought a number of things from them over the years and have always been satisfied.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

18650 battery and Today's flashlight bargain
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 134831
Funny I just came inside from outside using a bright (unknown lumens) LED 3-D cell Maglight flashlight investigating a loud noise, thinking I wish I had a really bright light. My light can light up a spot a city block away so not shabby.

Also could not get this flashlight (sold out) but will put it on my wish list.

BUT I have been looking at the 18650 battery for a long time wondering if it had any applications

Re: Today's flashlight bargain
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 134832
"3 1/2 hours to go and they are out of stock :("
 Shucks! But keep an eye on them--they seem to put this item on sale periodically.

Andy
Andy Baird

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 134834
9pm Sat and sold out thanks Andy and I hope you will post this again if they come on sale again

__ From: Andy Baird andybaird@...>
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Saturday, November 3, 2012 10:57 AM
 Subject: [LD] Today's flashlight bargain

Today only, GoldenGadgets is offering a 1,000-lumen LED flashlight for $25:
 http://www.goldengadgets.com/led-lights/led-flashlights/high-power-led-flashlights/1000-lumen-led-flashlight-with-cree-xm-l-and-18650-lithium-battery-kit.html

This UltraFire WF-502B flashlight is 25% brighter than Bumper's beloved Fenix TK-35 (which sells for $90+)--and unlike the Fenix, this deal includes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery and a 120 VAC battery charger.
 I and several friends bought these flashlights a month or so back, when they were on sale at the same $25 price. They are very well made from solid aluminum, weatherproofed, and REALLY bright! They have four modes: bright, dim (equal to most other inexpensive LED flashlights on bright), slow flashing, and fast strobe. On that last setting, one of these should be very effective for blinding an assailant--I'm still seeing spots from trying it out!
 If I read the description correctly, this deal ends at midnight Pacific time today, Saturday November 3rd. GoldenGadgets is a good outfit, by the way; I've bought a number of things from them over the years and have always been satisfied.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 134838
Andy,
 If that's a good deal, the $18.00 price (free shipping ' link below) on Amazon is smokin'! If you don't need the battery and charger included, the light alone can be had for $11 on Amazon.
 http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire-WF-502B-5-Mode-Flashlight-Charger/dp/B009EM09E2/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1352010841&sr=8-16&keywords=Ultrafire+WF-502B

But - - I'm still happy with my Fenix lights. . . though I have considered a Tiny Monster. Note that there is quite a difference in quality between the Ultrafire  and Fenix (I have several models of both brands). Both from China, of course, though the Fenix brand is typically 4 to 5 times the cost.

bumper

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 134839
" the $18.00 price (free shipping - link below) on Amazon is smokin'! If you don't need the battery and charger included, the light alone can be had for $11 on Amazon."

I missed Andy's deal, but the deal bumper listed got me 2 flashlights, 2 batteries, and a charger for 29.26 total. (estimated delivery in one month!)

Re: 18650 battery and Today's flashlight bargain
Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 134841
"I have been looking at the 18650 battery for a long time wondering if it had any applications in the RV market, especially in regards to full timing. Like powering computers, phones, lights, fans, etc."
 There's nothing magical about the 18650 battery--it's just a lithium-ion battery in a tubular shape suitable for flashlights. Your cell phone and laptop computer have  lithium-ion flat-pack batteries that are just as good, and much more space-efficient. (Tubular objects don't fill a volume efficiently the way rectangular objects do.)

Andy Baird

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 134844
Wow--fantastic deal, Bumper! Thanks for posting that.
 "Note that there is quite a difference in quality between the Ultrafire  and Fenix"
 I'll take your word for it, since I haven't seen the Fenix lights. All I can say is that there's nothing chintzy about these Ultrafire flashlights--I believe you could drive nails with them. :-) For the price, they're an outstanding value.

Andy Baird

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 134851
must be a large following here, these (from the link below) are also sold out ha ha they are available on ebay for a little more

__ From: bumper bumperm@...>
 Sent: Saturday, November 3, 2012 11:56 PM
 Subject: [LD] Re: Today's flashlight bargain

Andy,
 If that's a good deal, the $18.00 price (free shipping - link below) on Amazon is smokin'! If you don't need the battery and charger included, the light alone can be had for $11 on Amazon.
 http://www.amazon.com/Ultrafire-WF-502B-5-Mode-Flashlight-Charger/dp/B009EM09E2/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1352010841&sr=8-16&keywords=Ultrafire+WF-502B

But - - I'm still happy with my Fenix lights. . . though I have considered a Tiny Monster. Note that there is quite a difference in quality between the Ultrafire and Fenix (I have several models of both brands). Both from China, of course, though the Fenix brand is typically 4 to 5 times the cost.

bumper

As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 134852
wrote: I haven't seen the Fenix lights.
--- Fenix lights aren't inexpensive, but they are very high quality; I've tried similar lights from Pelican and Inova, but much prefer Fenix. I currently have two Fenix E21's in the motorhome and plan to get an E35.
 Below is one vendor with broad selections of many flashlight brands (and a lot of stuff besides flashlights!), good customer service, and reasonable purchase and shipping costs:
 http://www.batteryjunction.com/

As ever, YMMV.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 134888
I bought one also, but delivery date Dec 3 thru Dec 19.  Sheesh how are the shipping it by pack mule.   :-)

LD - going west on I-8 in San Diego county
Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 134892
Not sure what model but tan with a Fiat toad on I think a dolly, it was the toad that got my eye.
Wondering if an automatic

Maybe a 26' MB ??

Anyone here, like going to MCRD graduation ?

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 134903
 Tue Nov 6, 2012 9:17 am (PST) . Posted by:

"EdwardA" edward_abrams
 I bought one also, but delivery date Dec 3 thru Dec 19. Sheesh how are the shipping it by pack mule. :-)"
 Well yeah, of course . . . how long do you think it takes for a poor pack mule to swim here from China. :c)

bumper
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 134914
The last thing I ordered came from China via USPS in about 3 days, even though it had an equally large arrival date spread. I was surprised but pleased.

Eric
2005 Jayco 24SS

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 134938
I got my UltraFire yesterday.  That is one, bright flashlight!  And it comes with a handy belt clip so you don't have to buy a carrying pouch.  I compared two side by side in a dark room, and the UltraFire makes my $80 SureFire seem like candle light.  As Crocodile Dundee would say, "Now, THAT'S a flashlight!)

Dick

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 134942
One thing that may not be obvious about the UltraFire flashlight, since it comes with no instruction sheet: fully pressing the rubber button on the back end turns it on and off, as expected, but *half-pressing* that same button changes modes: bright, dim, fast strobe, slow flashing, then back to bright.
 The flashlight remembers the mode it was in when you turn it off, and will come back on in the same mode.

Andy Baird

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 134944
Upon more observation/playing with it, one of the settings pulses out SOS in Morse code...too much fun!

Thanks!

best,

BobDroid

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 134954
Thanks, Guys!  For those of us late to the game, they are now $17.50 free shipping on Amazon:

http://tinyurl.com/at24fxh
 I would just love to have a flashlight actually light when I need it!  Ordered one for the rig and one for home.  :)

Tessa in TX '92 MB- Ciao Baby!

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 134956
I just did a trial order and there was no shipping charge.  Are you sure you were trying to order through Amazon and not the vendor?  You should not be trying to deal with the vendor.

Dick

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 134957
I tried to order, and they want shipping, even though it says free. I wrote the vendor, a little while ago.;

----
 Date: 11/8/2012 6:06:51 PM
 Subject: [LD] Re: Today's flashlight bargain

Thanks, Guys! For those of us late to the game, they are now $17.50 free shipping on Amazon:

http://tinyurl.com/at24fxh
 I would just love to have a flashlight actually light when I need it! Ordered one for the rig and one for home. :)

Tessa in TX '92 MB- Ciao Baby!

I just ordered two with no shipping charges. Delivery not until Dec 7 - 26.

Chris

Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 134959
It is very weird, I had something else in cart, so that I would have the $25 for free shipping, but it wouldn't give. I took the other item out, and then it went to free shipping, even though it was only 17.50...must be a bug.
Anyway, I ordered one...hope it is nice.