Skip to main content
Topic: Email scam alert - Roger Nickey (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Email scam alert - Roger Nickey
Yahoo Message Number: 134764
Roger, a heads up: unless you really are stranded in Manila needing cash to get home, your email has been compromised. (Posting this to the board rather than to the spammed email address.)

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Re: Email scam alert - Roger Nickey
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 134768
Note that this scam probably originates with an email from either yahoo or att (probably other providers as well) telling you that they need to make some fixes to your email account. They want you to sign is so that "they can take care of it and you will not have to worry." Don't open the email.  Delete it immediately!

Bob in Florida

__ From: jctaylor1941 jctaylor1941@...>
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Thursday, November 1, 2012 10:52 AM
 Subject: [LD] Email scam alert - Roger Nickey

Roger, a heads up: unless you really are stranded in Manila needing cash to get home, your email has been compromised. (Posting this to the board rather than to the spammed email address.)

Joan

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 134775

Joan
Roger, fear not, I got the email and the moneygram is on the way.

Jim C

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 134788
I am not in Manila in jail with tears in my eyes!  This came to me as an innocent looking email from my sister-in-law.  When I clicked on it I knew I had been had.  Sorry to all and I hope no one sent money.  I have changed my email info so I am told this will fix it.
 --- In lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com, Robert Quinn Don't open the email.  Delete it immediately!