Skip to main content
Topic: used lazy daze (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
used lazy daze
Yahoo Message Number: 128802
Hi guys, I'm about to go negotiate for a 2008 Lazy daze 24ft with rear twin beds with 2800miles with V8 engine. No options Dealer asking 60K.  obviously, this is way too much. NADA price 46k-52K I like the fact that it has very low miles.  What should my top price be? any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: used lazy daze
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 128803
Hi guys, I'm about to go negotiate for a 2008 Lazy daze 24ft with rear twin beds with 2800miles with V8 engine. No options Dealer asking 60K.  obviously, this is way too much. NADA price 46k-52K I like the fact that it has very low miles.  What should my top price be? any input would be greatly appreciated.
NADA prices are usually lower than what LDs in good shape usually sell for.  The pricing estimator in the files section gives a price closer to $55,000.  That is a very low mileage for a 4 year old rig.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 128823
The V8 should bring the price down several thousand dollars..

On Feb 26, 2012 1:58 AM, "older_fossil" no_reply@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 128826
wrote: The V8 should bring the price down several thousand dollars..
--- The V-10 is (and has been) an extra cost option on the 24' models since Ford made the V-8 standard in the motorhome chassis.  However, one apparently has to call the factory to find out the *actual cost* of the optional V-10 *and* every other option; unlike past years, the prices of options are no longer listed on the LD website. At least, I didn't find any price information except the "base" price and the "manufacturer's suggested retail price". (Who knows WHAT *that* means!?) LD used to be up front with option costs, i.e., the price of each option was listed on the website; I have no idea why that's no longer the case.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 128827
Currently for the 2012 model year the V10 option is $1050. 24' models only.
V10 is standard on all others.

--

"I love the infantry because they are the underdogs.  They are the mud-rain-frost-and-wind boys.  They have no comforts, and they even learn to live without the necessities.  And in the end they are the guys that wars can't be won without." - Ernie Pyle

"A nation of sheep will beget a government of wolves." - Edward R. Murrow

*James A Jackson*

mobile: 909 553-4768

home: 951 769-7665

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 128830
Joan the List price of the V10 option isn't a valid criteria for a used vehicle. Just like NADA isn't valid for a used LD. The V8 is so undesirable for the Class C that the last time I talked to Tod LD didn't recomend it.
 The difference between the 5.4 and the 6.8 is night and day in performance.
And is unlikely that the 5.4 would get better mileage in a vehicle of this size in most driving conditions...

Garry

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 128832
I don't know how much help this might be but here's a real situation: I purchased a 2006 24' front lounge

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 128836
In 2005 I got $50K for a nice blue 2003 MB. With generator, solar panels, Datastorm unit on the roof, CB, electric step. and a V10, of course.

best, paul

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive... to breath, to think, to enjoy, to love."

~ Marcus Aurelius
 I don't know how much help this might be but here's a real situation: I

purchased a 2006 24' front lounge in Pueblo, CO, last June with 11,000 miles for $45,000. I think the only "options" are the V-10, two solar panels, CB radio.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 128838
wrote: I think the only "options" are the V-10, --- The V-10 was not an "option" on a 2006 24'; it was *the* engine choice.  Ford made the 5.4L V-8 the *standard* engine in the E450 cutaway motorhome chassis in 2008; since that model year, buyers of 24' LDs have had the option of having their rig built on the "stock" E450 cutaway chassis (5.4L V-8, 14050 gvwr) *or* the E450 with the 6.8 L V-10 and 14500 gvwr.
 As has been mentioned before during the course of this and related "engine size" threads, this document provides an overview of many of the changes which have taken place in Lazy Daze motorhomes over the years:
 http://www.andybaird.com/travels/LD-guide-web/changes.htm 
Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 128839
In January when we were at the factory ordering a 24FD I asked Todd if there was any call for the V8. He said no. He only stocks the V10 chassis. If someone wanted a V8 he would have to order one. We still had to pay the $1K "option" cost:-)

John '04 23.5FL

wrote: I think the only "options" are the V-10,

http://www.andybaird.com/travels/LD-guide-web/changes.htm

Joan

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 128944
Quote from: Minh"

Hi guys, I'm about to go negotiate for a 2008 Lazy daze 24ft with rear twin beds with 2800miles with V8 engine. No options Dealer asking 60K. obviously, this is way too much. NADA price 46k-52K I like the fact that it has very low miles. What should my top price be?
If you were buying from a knowledgeable owner you would be paying close to $60,000. If you can get it for NADA, good for you, but a knowledgeable owner would demand and get $55 to $60.
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy