Skip to main content
Topic: Jensen TV (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Jensen TV
Yahoo Message Number: 128792
Hello,  wondering if anyone has had a problem with their Jensen TV being able to get unto Cable.   I have followed the directions vebatum and can get all local channels but just cannot get it to hook up with the cable...........the cable checks out fine........I have spent hours going over and over the directions in the Lazy daze manual.  TV works fine otherwise.  I hope someone can help?

Re: Jensen TV
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 128793
Did you switch off the batwing amp? The tiny button on the cable led to the TV. When the amp is off, the green light on the panel goes off.

On Sun, 26 Feb 2012 02:49:53 -0000, "sherry" sherrey2005@...> wrote:
Don & Dorothy
Sold our LD in June of 2023

Our boring always non-PC travel blog
Traveling Dorothy

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 128794
"I have followed the directions vebatum and can get all local channels but just cannot get it to hook up with the cable
Sherry

Sherry
 I don't have the Jensen but rather the Sharp Aquos. However, most TVs today must be programmed before use. One of the programming options I have is "Air or Cable". I must select one or the other depending on circumstance. Have you done that???

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 128795
Thank you for your reply.  Yes,I have been over the directions forward and backward.  When I get it fixed I will post what was wrong with it.... Sherry

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 128796
Yep, I have done that also...Other people with a LD have tried today as they programmed their TV but cannot figure this one out.  Thanks Don.

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 128797
Since it works on the antenna then either the antenna amp/switch or the cable from box is bad.  You can pull the switch if you are carefully and hook the cable to the tv directly. (You may need a barrel or female to female connector). If that works, then the switch/amp is bad, if not and the cable is known good the cable run from the box to the switch is bad.  Jack

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 128804
"Hello, wondering if anyone has had a problem with their Jensen TV being able to get onto Cable. "
 I had a problem with a TV that only processed HD signals. Some cables have no HD signals .

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 128808
Thank you for your reply.  Yes,I have been over the directions forward and backward.  When I get it fixed I will post what was wrong with it.... Sherry
When programming a TV, there will be a selection for what is usually called 'tuner input'. The selection here will be either 'antenna' or 'cable (CATV)', and obviously the second choice is needed here. Do you recall seeing this? If not, then review the programming steps again to find this choice.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 128813
Have a Jensen TV and no problems. Do have to set up as others have posted - turn off the bat wing amp, set reception to cable, etc. The recommendation to go direct from the cable input to the TV bypassing the LD switch is as good idea. A tedious operating on the 30 but not overly difficult.

Bob in Florida 30IB

__ From: sherry sherrey2005@...>
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2012 9:49 PM
 Subject: [LD] Jensen TV

Hello,  wondering if anyone has had a problem with their Jensen TV being able to get unto Cable.   I have followed the directions vebatum and can get all local channels but just cannot get it to hook up with the cable...........the cable checks out fine........I have spent hours going over and over the directions in the Lazy daze manual.  TV works fine otherwise.  I hope someone can help?

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]