Skip to main content
Topic: Could someone explain the future of the Lazy Daze Ford Chassis again (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Could someone explain the future of the Lazy Daze Ford Chassis again
Yahoo Message Number: 128784
Anyway I am new at all this.  And understand Ford will stop making the Ford E series...E450 chassis I think thats on the Lazy Daze.

They are going to stop in 2013 or 2014, I think?
 I remember you guys/ gals talking about this a few weeks ago, but I didn't really understand..So can you tell me again..thanks !!

Basically I want to know....
What are they going to replace the Chassis with ?? and when ??

I am still looking to buy (My first RV), and thinking about just waiting until they have the new Chassis ??

Any suggestions....thanks, Steve

Re: Could someone explain the future of the Lazy Daze Ford Chassis a
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 128785
Anyway I am new at all this.  And understand Ford will stop making the Ford E series...E450 chassis I think thats on the Lazy Daze.

They are going to stop in 2013 or 2014, I think?
 I remember you guys/ gals talking about this a few weeks ago, but I didn't really understand..So can you tell me again..thanks !!

Basically I want to know....
What are they going to replace the Chassis with ?? and when ??

I am still looking to buy (My first RV), and thinking about just waiting until they have the new Chassis ??

Any suggestions....thanks, Steve

Steve, at the very end of the article at this link  it says:  "The Ohio plant will also produce the E-450 stripped chassis, which Ford will continue to make even after phasing out the E-Series cargo van, as well as the company's F-53 and F-59 stripped chassis products."
 Based on the above, I'd guess the stripped E-450 chassis that LD uses will be around for a while.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 128787
wrote: at the very end of the article at this link http://fleetowner.com/management/news/ford-details-transit-debut-1208/> it says:  "The Ohio plant will also produce the E-450 stripped chassis, which Ford will continue to make even after phasing out the E-Series cargo van, as well as the company's F-53 and F-59 stripped chassis products." --- As Chris says, Ford has no current plans to discontinue the E450 cutaway *motorhome chassis*; it's the Econoline *cargo van* series that will be replaced after the 2012 model year by the diesel "Transit" commercial van.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 128790
Ford want to produce only 'World cars', using the same set of chassis around the world. There is nothing in Ford's current inventory that is an adequate replacement for the E450, without significant downsizing. That's why Ford will continue with the E450 for several years until they figure out what they are going to replace it with.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)