Skip to main content
Topic: Wonder Tape (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic
Wonder Tape
Yahoo Message Number: 128627
A few years ago I purchased some clear tape about 2" wide.  It isn't sticky, but it sticks to itself.  I can't remember where I purchased it and I thought someone here might be familiar with it.
 If you know where I can purchase it, I would really appreciate it.  Thanks!!

Syd

Re: Wonder Tape
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 128628
Re: tape
 Syd, you are probably referring to Rescue Tape which now comes in several colors. They have a website that you can get information from as to ordering and prices. Handy to carry while traveling. Safe travels, john leach. Larkspur, Co.

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 128633
I just recently bought rescue tape at West Marine store, and more recently my local Ace hardware store had it on sale ($7.00/pack).

__

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 128634
Amazon has all varieties of Rescue Tape and generic equivalents:
 http://www.amazon.com/mn/search/?_encoding=UTF8&tag=andbai-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957&field-keywords=rescue%20tape&url=search-alias%3Daps

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
As an Amazon Associate Lazy Daze Owners' Group earns from qualifying purchases.
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 128650
I don't know anything about Rescue tape, but the original post sounded to me like a product called Hugo's Amazing Glueless tape, which can be found online at  amazingtape.com
 Thanks for the inquiry because I didn't know it came in 2 inch widths. I only have the inch stuff and I love it. But 2 inches might be handy sometimes, too.

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 128651
"I don't know anything about Rescue tape, but the original post sounded to me like a product called Hugo's Amazing Glueless tape..."
 The company's website is pretty vague about just what this is other than that it supposedly has no adhesive, but they say it's reusable, and that's different from Rescue Tape.
 Rescue Tape is a silicone rubber tape that when stretched and wrapped over itself, fuses instantly into a solid silicone mass that can never loosen up, unlike adhesive-based tapes. And you can't unwrap it, much less reuse it--to remove it, you have to cut it off, and it comes away as a solid piece of rubber. (No adhesive residue, though.)
 That makes Rescue Tape very useful for plumbing repairs and for sealing electrical connections, among other things. Its rubbery, nonskid surface also makes it good for wrapping around tool handles--what we used to use "friction tape" for in the old days, only that stuff would get gummy and ooze after awhile, whereas Rescue Tape never will.
 Hugo's Amazing Tape may be good stuff, but it seems to be advertised mainly for crafters to use to hold their loose threads in place. What other uses have you found for it, Brenda? And how strong is it? As strong as Scotch tape, or...?

Andy Baird

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 128653
Andy, Check out amazingtape.com. The video states that it holds up to 250#, heat up to 500 degrees cold to minus 60 degrees.
I have never used either of these tapes but me thinks I shall order some.  Each will have their purpose since Rescue Tape becomes "permanent" and Hugo's Amazing Tape is reusable.

Betty Jean

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 128655
Search for  tape on Amazon and you'll get a wide selection.

bumper

bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 128676
It has a static cling like the holiday window clings you can get that are totally removable. So you need to cut a long enough piece that it wraps around itself by a couple of inches. I wrap it around a pair of AA batteries that go in my camera case, so they don't wander around and make contact, I wrap it around a bag of opened vegetables in the freezer, around an altoids tin in my purse that has everyday carry things like a razor blade that I certainly don't want to encounter accidentally, around my laptop cables and cords, cut a piece of paper smaller than the "tape" to label jars contents, could go around things in the RV that might rattle around to keep them quiet and in place. It sticks all by itself to smooth glass and metal, but by strapping to itself it goes around most anything.
It is reusable if kept reasonably clean, and I have gotten into the altoids container over a hundred times and it still sticks it shut. It is not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but you will find uses for it. But it is not rescue tape. They serve different purposes.

Reply #10
Yahoo Message Number: 128677
Andy, I forgot you asked about strength. I have never really tested that.
It has just the slightest bit of stretch to it, but not much. I tried wrapping it around my finger a couple of times and unrolling out to about a foot to see how hard I could pull, but it started unrolling off my fingers.
Not sure how else to test it.

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 128678
Where can I purchase Wonder Tape.  Does it have another name?  I searched on Google and find only a Wonder Tape for crafts and paper stuff...... is this it? Thanks,

Kathleen

Reply #12
Yahoo Message Number: 128679
Brenda's original post gave the product name: "Hugo's Amazing Tape". You can find for it under that name at Amazon, or by using Google.

Andy Baird

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 128725
Yes, it does look like the Hugo's Amazing Tape is what I was looking for and I just ordered some from Amazon.  The roll I had was called Wonder Tape, but now I only found the narrow tape in that brand.
 I just had hip replacement surgery and I wrapped the tape around the handles of the walker, which made it much easier on my hands.  I gave it to my physical therapist so she could help other patients with their walkers and I was sure I could get some more tape easily.  Then I couldn't find it.

We also do have Rescue Tape and that is quite different.

Thanks for your help!

Syd