Skip to main content
Topic: Thanks so much and second question(now towing) (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Thanks so much and second question(now towing)
Yahoo Message Number: 128550
Hey Andy Just curious...I wonder. How many times have you found yourself in a "Oh s---" situation, where you could not go forward and you had to unhook, drive your toad somewhere, go back and get your LD, drive it somewhere to hook up, and then to back and get your toad to reconnect? Maybe you are more careful than I am, but I get myself into that kind of hot water once in a while. Of course if I towed I would become less adventurous in my driving  ;=)) Tom

Re: Thanks so much and second question(now towing)
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 128551
I happens to me only once or twice a year.

best, paul

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious privilege it is to be alive... to breath, to think, to enjoy, to love."

~ Marcus Aurelius

Hey Andy

Just curious...I wonder. How many times have you found yourself in a "Oh s---" situation, where you could not go forward and you had to unhook, drive your toad somewhere, go back and get your LD, drive it somewhere to hook up, and then to back and get your toad to reconnect? Maybe you are more careful than I am, but I get myself into that kind of hot water once in a while. Of course if I towed I would become less adventurous in my driving ;=)) Tom
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 128552
On Feb 13, 2012, at 11:09 AM, Tom Johnston wrote:

Hey Andy Just curious...I wonder. How many times have you found yourself in a "Oh s---" situation, where you could not go forward and you had to unhook, ...snip...
Hi Tom,

In six years of full-timing and two years of extended trips it only happened twice in my bus conversion/toad combo.  One was caused by an mechanical failure before I had the conversion wrung out.

Safe travels,

Dave 2000RB Albuquerque

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 128559
Tom, I travel alone (a female) and tow a PT Cruiser.  Tried going without but as Andy said I misssed many things and would have to drive my LD to the market, sightseeing and many places it just wasn't going to cut it.  In the 7 years I have owned and towed never once have I had to unhook and get turned around.  One time in Oklahoma I did take a wrong turn down a dead end street and the people were kind enough to direct me turning around wildly cheering me on! Hope this helps.

Betty Jean

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 128570
"How many times have you found yourself in a 'Oh s---' situation, where you could not go forward and you had to unhook, drive your toad somewhere, go back and get your LD..."
 Good question. I think maybe four or five times in the past three years. That squares with Paul's "once or twice a year."

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"