Skip to main content
Topic: [LD]Millenicom (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
[LD]Millenicom
Yahoo Message Number: 128377

--- On Sun, 2/5/12, David Roderick  wrote:
 Subject: RE: [LD]Millenicom
 To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com
 Date: Sunday, February 5, 2012, 3:16 AM

One might make a good comparison between Verizon and Millenicom before jumping ship as the differences in some cases are minor or dealing with a two year contract vs. no contract.
I have a 4G MiFi (Hotspot) that I have used for the past year with Verizon with excellent results in nearly all locations...even in Anza Borrego Desert where we are boondocking this winter.  The cost is $80 per month for 10 GB, the same plan as Millenicom offers (except that if you sign-up now for Millenicom you can get it forever theoretically for $70 a month.) With two computers, two Kindles, and an IPod, plus Amazon Prime for films, my wife and I use lots of GB.
The biggest difference in the two plans for me is the coverage and service.  I have been thrilled by the excellent service and area coverage from Verizon.  If Millenicom can offer this without a contract...it's a deal! Whatever the case, It's exciting to be able to camp practically anywhere these days and reach the internet.  What an amazing age.  Happy travels! David (1998 MB LD)

David, see message 127759.  It appears the Millenicom 3G/4G Hotspot Plan that is a no-contract service and allows for 10 gigabytes of data transfer for $80.00/month uses Verizon. If that's the case, then your coverage will be the same as you have now but with no contract.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB