Skip to main content
Topic: Electric step fuse (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Electric step fuse
Yahoo Message Number: 128150
The electric step motor on our 1998 RB gave up the ghost. I have replaced it and door switch. There is no power to the unit. There must be a blown fuse somewhere but? ? ? ? ?? I can't find it. Anybody else had this problem?

Re: Electric step fuse
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 128178
The electric step motor on our 1998 RB gave up the ghost. I have >replaced it and door switch. There is no power to the unit. There must >be a blown fuse somewhere but? ? ? ? ?? I can't find it. Anybody else had >this problem?
According to the Lazy Daze 2003 owner's manual, there are 3 fuses that were used with the electric step.
 A 5 amp mini-fuse in slot #3 on the *Ford* fuse panel under the dash; this is fuse deals with protecting an ignition lead that automatically retracts the step when the ignition key is turned on.

A 5 amp mini-fuse located behind the on/off switch for the step.
 A 20 amp mini-fuse that is located in the house battery box at the top rear section in a labeled rubber weatherproof holder. This fuse protects circuit board box under the step mounting frame.
 All the above was from the LD supplied manual. I would bet on the 20 amp fuse that is in the house battery box.

Good luck, Steve K.
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath