Skip to main content
Topic: Insurance... sorry (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic
Insurance... sorry
Yahoo Message Number: 128052
I hope that this is not off topic and if it is, please except my apologies in advance.
 I have had my LD and vehicles insured through AAA for many years now and have had towing through Coach Net the last two years.
I had dropped the towing service part of AAA when I acquired Coach Net. Now AAA states that they are like Costco and that I have to keep my membership(towing) or they will drop my policies. I have my home insured through them as well. I told them I didn't wish to have their lousy 5 mile towing services with no RV towing available here in Northern Ca and that I didn't realize I had to keep the towing service since they have been taking my money and issuing a new policies!

What insurance do some of you use and have CoachNet?
 I hate to pay for the the AAA lousy towing as well when I already have CoachNet.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Ellen 1986 FL LD

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Re: Insurance... sorry
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 128054
"What insurance do some of you use and have CoachNet?"
 Ellen, if you use Yahoo's search feature and look for 'insurance', you'll find plenty of posts on that topic. Many of us use Progressive, and personally, I've been very happy with their service. When my rig was struck by lightning (http://www.andybaird.com/travels/skylarking/2010/zapped.htm>), they paid promptly, didn't quibble about any of the repairs... and my rates went down the next year instead of going up. Coachnet also gets high marks from everyone I know, though I haven't had to use their services myself.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Re: Insurance... sorry
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 128056
We checked around and found that GMAC through the Good Neighbor Sam seemed to offer more coverage for less money. if anyone has with them for claims we would appreciated knowing.

2010 twin

Insurance, road service ... absorption refrigerator fire
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 128057
When our late-model tag-axle 40-foot Country Coach went up
Terry Apple
2013 RB 27 Baby Blue Bentley

Re: Insurance, road service ... absorption refrigerator fire
Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 128061
This is an excellent topic!!!!  I am just curious, what company do people generally use

Re: Insurance, road service ... absorption refrigerator fire
Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 128062
FWIW - We use USAA for just about everything they offer, but they sent us over to Progressive for RV insurance.  This was summer 2010, for coverage on a 2003 LD.  USAA told us they don't write that kind of coverage in house anymore.

Rich '03 MB

--- In lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com, "bullhead3031"  I am just curious, what company do people generally use in here for their rv's...???  We have Progressive and our coverage is, I believe, 100-200-100
2003 MB

Re: Insurance
Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 128064
Before we get into another round of comparing coverages and costs (this has been discussed here many times in the past), it's a good idea to note that availability an costs vary widely from state to state, so what person A gets in South Dakota is likely to be completely different from what person B gets in California.
 On top of that, different people choose different levels of coverage. Hence, individual price comparisons here are rarely meaningful. Descriptions of claims service, however, are helpful.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 128067
Not only that, but things like driving record and credit rating all go into figuring premiums.  So if you and I were insuring identical rigs in the same town and had the same level of coverages, we could be paying different premiums because of these types of factors.

I'd recommend calling an insurance broker that specializes in RV insurance...and fulltimers insurance, if you need it (most insurance companies we've dealt with consider living in your RV 5 months or more a year as being a fulltimer for insurance purposes).  Places like Miller's, Gilbert, Poliseek (used to be AON), etc.

Linda Hylton http://earl-linda.blogspot.com
Linda Hylton

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 128075
Hence, individual price comparisons here are rarely meaningful. Descriptions of claims service, however, are helpful.

We are insured with USAA (house and cars) and they acted as our agent for the rv coverage with Progressive.  This past December we had our first need to call on Progressive for a tow.  A very helpful lady gave me a number to call and supplied me with my policy number which I was to give to the firm.  (I knew I had my policy number available somewhere, but in the stress of the moment it was a relief not to have to search for it first.) The call was to some sort of national broker for towing, (can't remember who) and after several calls back and forth the right size  flatbed tow truck arrived, loaded our Lazy Daze on board, and with us still sitting in our seats, took us 9 miles to a repair shop. We didn't even need to sign anything.
If it had been daylight, I would have taken a picture, and enjoyed the ride.
Sure glad we had a GPS to be able to give a very precise location and cross steet so we could be found in the pitch dark.

Judy G.
2004 23.5 FD
Judy  G
2004 23.5 Front Dinette