Skip to main content
Topic: Honda CRV toad light question (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
Honda CRV toad light question
Yahoo Message Number: 128034
Hi folks.
We're in the process of getting a 2007 CRV ready to tow and need to know if we can put the extra lights in the rear light pillar or need to wire the diodes in the Honda wiring loom. We are going to Camping World tomorrow for other things and might get them to wire the diodes in if that is the only option. Thanks in advance for the input.
Ken and Joyce
Former 2009 MB owner

Re: Honda CRV toad light question
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 128038
Hi folks.
We're in the process of getting a 2007 CRV ready to tow and need to know if we can put the extra lights in the rear light pillar or need to wire the diodes in the Honda wiring loom.
Ken and Joyce
K&J- I'm looking at the invoice when I had my package put on my 2009 CRV.  All it states is "wire in tow lights" and I see a charge of $51.95 for Diode Hy-Power pk/4-n.  Hope this helps.  Others will be much more knowledgeable than me on this subject.
Joe Hamm-San Jose

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 128040
Ken and Joyce, We tow a 2009 CRV and the installer used a separate independant tail light circuit made by Blue Ox. This is a less expensive way to wire in lights for towing. There is no interference with the electrical system of the CRV and this set up has worked well since then.
Steve

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 128060
Steve, That would be my preference as well. I just didn't know if there was room
Former 2009 MB owner

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 128071
Steve, We went to Camping World today and they had the Roadmaster version. Which of the bulb areas, of the four, did they put the bulb in? I assume it was one of the red lens areas? Thanks.
Ken
Former 2009 MB owner

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 128191
Quote from: regjknm"

"I assume it was one of the red lens areas?"

Ken, I believe that the bulb did go behind one of the red lenses since that is the part that counts for stop/tail lights. Blus Ox may even specify by vehicle where to mount the bulb...I don't know for sure.
Steve

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 128204
Thanks for the replies, folks. I found the information just what I needed; the CRV now has 2 extra bulbs behind a red lens. We will do a practice run this afternoon (eastern time, that is..).
Ken
Former 2009 MB owner