Skip to main content
Topic: Step Light Question 26.5 MB (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic
Step Light Question 26.5 MB
Yahoo Message Number: 127987
Hi There,

A couple of simple questions on my 2003 26.5 mid bath.
 I can't figure out how to turn on the light by the steps in the entry. I thought it might be supposed to come on with the outside light, but no dice. I've checked the bulb and it is OK. I'm wondering if I need to chase wiring, or if I'm just too dumb to find the switch.
 Also, and perhaps this is the answer, I have an unused switch on the end of the kitchen counter, above the night light / converter area. The previous owner took the switch out of service. Can anyone tell me what it was used for?

Thanks in advance, Ken Dobyns

Re: Step Light Question 26.5 MB
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 127991
The factory plan has a switch on the left side as you step into the motorhome. That controls the light near the step. There is also a light on the lower part of the cabinet

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 127995
Ken, it sounds as if your midbath may have been modified. On my 2003 midbath there is no switch at the end of the kitchen counter, and I can't imagine what a switch there would have been for. Your best bet is to ask the previous owner what it did before s/he "took it out of service."
 The entry-steps interior light on my rig is on the same circuit as the "porch" light. The switches in that area to the left of the door as you enter are, from left to right:

Electric step (if installed) Porch light and interior entry light Kitchen ceiling light

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 128014
On my former mid bath I think I remember there was a switch close to the cabover that  turned on the step light?  No longer have iMB so I am relying on my memory which is not so good these days.

Henry

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 128022
Thanks, all.
 It sounds like the consensus is that the light should come on with the patio light. I'll get out the meter and figure out what's going on.

Cheers, Ken

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 128027
I have an '03 FL and the switch that controls the outside entry light also controls the inside light by the entry step B