Skip to main content
Topic: Seelevel II Question 27MB (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
Seelevel II Question 27MB
Yahoo Message Number: 127512
Hello,
 Where and how did you mount your seelevel sensor on your fresh water tank?  When I look under the sink by the water pump I can see the end of the tank with the LD sensor probes mounted.  The problem is no room to mount the seelevel sensor.  I pulled all the drawers and can't see a way.  I can't believe I'm the only one that has hit this snag.
 I appreciate the help I have received on this project.  This is my last hurdle.

I would appreciate any and all ideas.

Thanks,

Bill Whidbey Island, WA
Bill and Linda Hicks
2008 MB

Re: Seelevel II Question 27MB
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 127514
I'm wanting to do the mod also - is their access under the refer?
 Next question - my water tank is 14"tall, do I buy a second sender or fudge? If I fudge, do I mount the sensor at top, bottom, or center it on the tank?

Dave W
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 127515
Where and how did you mount your seelevel sensor on your fresh >water tank? Thanks,

Bill Whidbey Island, WA
Hi Bill,
 On my 03 Midbath, I accessed the fresh water tank through the storage compartment below the fridge. The walls of that storage compartment had screws holding the wood panels in place. I then mounted the sensor on the front end of the fresh water tank.
 For the person enquiring about needing a 2nd sensor, I only used one sensor. While I'm not positive, I think I mounted it toward the bottom of the tank since you want to know if you are running low on water.
 I wonder if anyone has asked the LD factory to install the Seelevel during construction. It sure would be easier to have the wires in place for the monitor while the rig is being built.

Good luck with the project! Steve K.
Steve K

2003 Mid-bath

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 127516
Hey Steve,

Thanks for the word on the screws.  I'll give that a look.

Bill
Bill and Linda Hicks
2008 MB

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 127517
Hey Dave, I'm sure you have just seen Steve's post.  If you haven't checked out LD Companion on SeeLevel, great info, give it a look.  I have also linked Garnett with info about leaving room at bottom and top of tanks when you mount sensors.
 http://lazydazearticles.blogspot.com/search/label/SeeLevel%20Systems%20Monitor

http://www.rvgauge.com/downloads/709_Shop_Manual.pdf
 Dave, hopefully Steve's suggestion about the screws on the under fridge panel works out.  If not, and you come up with a plan, let me know.

Bill Whidbey Island
Bill and Linda Hicks
2008 MB

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 127521
Hello,
 Where and how did you mount your seelevel sensor on your fresh water tank?  When I look under the sink by the water pump I can see the end of the tank with the LD sensor probes mounted.  The problem is no room to mount the seelevel sensor.  I pulled all the drawers and can't see a way.  I can't believe I'm the only one that has hit this snag.
 I appreciate the help I have received on this project.  This is my last hurdle.

I would appreciate any and all ideas.
I don't know if things have changed much since my '02 MB.  I probably pulled the stove out to get better access to the fresh water tank (relatively easy to do).
 I used the model 711T which came with 16" sensors, more than high enough for our tanks.  I would just mount a 12" sensor near the bottom of the tank.  If I recall, you should avoid mounting on any curve at the edges of a tank.
 Since installing them in 2003 they have worked just great, except for a couple of years ago when a splice in a sensor ground wire corroded and caused some strange symptoms.

HTH, Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 127522
Art,
 Thanks for the suggestion about the stove.  Ken Fears also mentioned the stove.

Bill
Bill and Linda Hicks
2008 MB

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 127523
Happy New Year Bill,
 I'm sure you'll love your SeeLevel II. One good piece of advise I had from the manufacturer, when you locate your fresh water tank, is to put the sensor about 1" from the bottom. If you have a TK, the tank is under the sink area behind the drawers. It is twice the height of the sensor. By putting the sensor at the bottom, it will read 100% until it reaches the halfway point, when it will read 90%. From there out you will have to do the math. It is a better solution than buying an extra sensor.

Beverly '07TK Brownian Motion

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 127525
Hi Beverly, Thanks for the great advice-I'm going to skip the second sensor.

Happy New Year to you!! Bill
Bill and Linda Hicks
2008 MB

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 127527
Before permanently sticking the sensors to the tanks, temporarily attach the sensors with painter's masking tape. Fill and empty each tank to verify the proper location and readout.
 Since the sensors usually are a little too short or two long, I adjust the sensors to read 0% when water tank is empty and 100% when the gray and black tanks are filled.
If a sensor is a little too long, install it at on the diagonal.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)