Skip to main content
Topic: 12 volt help needed (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic
12 volt help needed
Yahoo Message Number: 127382
As I was installing my last LED light, the white wire accidentally touched the red wire and sparked.  Now I have no lights above the sink, above the dinette, the light next to the a/c in the ceiling, and the outside light by the door in the RB.  What should I do?   Is it a fuse and if it is, which one would it be?  All other 12volts are working.

Judy Wms.
Blue '07 RB. "Dog Daze" White '09 Scion. "Puppy Daze" And all the fur kids

Re: 12 volt help needed
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 127383
Judy,

I'd first check the 12V fuses
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 127385
Judy,

I'd first check the 12V fuses in the power distribution panel.
Check them very closely.  The burnt fuse sometimes has only a tiny, hard to see gap.  Checking continuity with a multimeter is even better.
Also, it is a good idea the disconnect the coach battery or at least pull the fuse for the electric circuit you are working on when doing wiring changes like this.  Turn off the solar controller or pull its fuse when disconnecting the battery.

Art
Art and Barbara
Settled in Atterdag Village of Solvang
2015-2022 fulltime in a 2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 37AP
2002-2015 2002 LD MB
Art's blog

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 127396
I believe that most LD's have several DC fuses that are for "internal lighting."    In my 05MB, as I remember, they are fuses 4, 5 & 6.  They are the same color and right in the middle of the set of fuses. I can't remember the amperage rating.

I just removed 2 of them, plus some other fuses, when I put my LD into storage for a couple of weeks.

Doug

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]