Skip to main content
Topic: Rechargeable Batteries/Flashlights (off topic) (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic
Rechargeable Batteries/Flashlights (off topic)
Yahoo Message Number: 127368
The Topic of Flashlights reminded me to chime in on rechargeable batteries.
 For several years now, I have been using Sanyo Eneloop AA and AAA Rechargeable Batteries in all of my devices in my LD requiring batteries.
 The main reason I like them besides the economy of being a rechargeable is that after 3 years of non-use they will still have a 75% Charge! (And No Leakage like a regular battery!) To my knowledge no other rechargeable battery can claim this!
 I use them in my MagLites. The company literature recommended Not using rechargeable's but when I called them and spoke with them about using the Sanyo Eneloop's they said it wouldn't be a problem!
 My experience with rechargeables has been terrible! Years ago I bought a bunch made by GE only to find that after just a couple of months of sitting in an unused device, they were dead!
 The Sanyo Eneloop Batteries can now be recharged up to 1,500 times, increased from 1,000 times just a few years ago!
 In some Sanyo retail packages including the charger, they also include sleeves for inserting the AA batteries to also be used as "C" and "D" Batteries as well.

Sanyo claims a cost of 4 cents to recharge them each time! AA eneloop battery is 1.2V AAA eneloop battery is 1.2V AA eneloop battery is 2000 mAh.
AAA eneloop battery is 800 mAh.
They're available at Costco in a 10 pack for $19.95 although you'll want to use the Sanyo Charger with them as recommended!

Ed 94' 26.5' MidBath Red Lazy Daze named "TranQuillity"

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]