Skip to main content
Topic: E-450 chassis (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: E-450 chassis
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 127274
http://www.rvbusiness.com/2011/12/ford-to-move-manufacturing-of-transit-van-to-u-s/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+RvBusiness+%28RV+Business%29
One thing I get out of this is the statement below:
 "Ford also announced that its F-650 and F-750 vehicles, currently made in Mexico under agreement with Navistar, will be manufactured at Ford’s Ohio Assembly Plant, which now produces the E-Series van. Ford and Navistar have discontinued their Blue Diamond Truck LLC joint venture. The Ohio plant will also produce the E-450 stripped chassis, which Ford will continue to make even after phasing out the E-Series cargo van, as well as the company’s F-53 and F-59 stripped chassis products."
 I assume the 'stripped chassis' referred to is the cutaway chassis, and this would seem to mean we won't be seeing it disappear for awhile yet.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Re: E-450 chassis
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 127276
I assume the 'stripped chassis' referred to is the cutaway chassis, and this would seem to mean we won't be seeing it disappear for awhile yet.
Correct. Another related article:
 The E-Series will be discontinued, but Ford will continue to make E-Series "cutaways" that are converted to motorhomes, U-Hauls and other service vehicles. The plant also will take over medium truck and motorhome chassis work that was being done in Mexico.
 And the F-650 gets a segment first: a 6.8-liter V-10 gasoline engine instead of paying an $8,300 premium for a diesel engine. It will go into production in March, and Ford is taking orders now from municipalities that want more affordable dump trucks, tow trucks and other service vehicles.
 From The Detroit News: http://detnews.com/article/20111208/AUTO01/112080355/Ford-steers-fleet-to-Transit#ixzz1gHtWYnxR