Skip to main content
Topic: Wave 3 in MB (Read 13 times) previous topic - next topic
Wave 3 in MB
Yahoo Message Number: 127237
So as not to hijack the 30' thread, where or how did you, or would you install the Wave 3 in a MB ? I'm thinking that it would be nice to be able to use it to warm the bath, but how about the 3' clearance recommended? Maybe put a hose on it that would allow use on either side of the hall/bath door? Then where do you store the heater and hose?

Dave W
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.

Re: Wave 3 in MB
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 127238
How about installing it with a piano hinge near the coach door so that you can swing it to heat different areas? Plumb it with flexible hosing to the coach propane tank.
Dale.

__

Re: Wave 3 in MB
Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 127244
I installed a Wave 3 below the stove back in '05. Warms the dinette. Have never missed having it portable, though I did consider a hinged mount at the time of install. For the MB, this is an easy location as it allows T'ing into the gas line going to the stove. The 90 degree ball valve is accessible through a round hole, hole-sawed through the thin plywood in the small cabinet under the fridge. Wife sewed up a cloth cover which attaches using rare earth magnets salvaged from our used Sonicare toothbrush heads. This issue of heat affecting the oven and wood above, is solved by installing a simple sheet of aluminum between the Wave and the bottom of the oven - - this does not have to protrude out beyond the top of the Wave, so it doesn't get in the way at all. Think I did a post and pictures of this back in '05 or '06 so there's pictures in the Yonder album.

bumper

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
bumper
"Yonder" '05 MB
"WLDBLU" glider trailer