Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone have interior photos of a 26.5 RK? (Read 10 times) previous topic - next topic
Anyone have interior photos of a 26.5 RK?
Yahoo Message Number: 127164
Looking for interior photos of the 26.5 RK, a relatively late model (2000 or later) preferred.  I tried the photo album section, but there are hundreds of albums, and not all state the model in the title.  Anyone have a link to an album with photos of this model?

Many thanks! Emily

Re: Anyone have interior photos of a 26.5 RK?
Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 127167
Lee, Would you mind telling me where you got the under dinette storage container?

Thank You, Malcolm
2002 Mid Bath

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 127168
try again. google+ messed me up.
2000 TK
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 127169
Lee , I am interested in how you installed the new TV and what size? Thanks,

Betty Jean

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 127170
try again. google+ messed me up.

Lee

Sorry once again Lee, that link doesn't work for me!

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 127171
24" Vizio 1080P. I removed the CRT, built in the rack for DVDs and then installed the mount for the TV to the right side wall. If you look in the cabinet to the right, there is a brace there and I drilled thru the brace to hold the mount. It is very sturdy, but for cautions sake, I use a bungee while traveling, to hold the TV in the opening.

I take it, then, that you could see the pictures ok?

Lee
2000 TK
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Reply #8
Yahoo Message Number: 127172
Steve, if someone else can see it, then it is working. You might try cleaning your cache and then trying again. Another thing is maybe to remove the s from https (I was logged in and you probably won't be) and see if that works.

Lee
2000 TK
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Reply #9
Yahoo Message Number: 127173
Looking for interior photos of the 26.5 RK, a relatively late model (2000 or later) preferred.  I tried the photo album section, but there are hundreds of albums, and not all state the model in the title.  Anyone have a link to an album with photos of this model?

Many thanks! Emily

Did you check these out on the LD factory website?  http://www.lazydaze.com/photogal.htm

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #11
Yahoo Message Number: 127175
Steve, if someone else can see it, then it is working. You might try cleaning your cache and then trying again. Another thing is maybe to remove the s from https (I was logged in and you probably won't be) and see if that works.

Lee
I view the forum from the web. Your link takes me to a Google Photos web page which gives me a message of "We were unable to fetch any photos at this time. Please try again."

That's what happens, time and time again!

Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Jiggs
Steve S.
Lazy Bones & Cedar
2004 30'IB (Island Bed)
Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery
Live for the day!

Reply #13
Yahoo Message Number: 127184
Yes, Lee.  The pix came thru clearly.

Betty Jean
   Subject: [LD] Re: Anyone have interior photos of a 26.5 RK?

24" Vizio 1080P. I removed the CRT, built in the rack for DVDs and then nstalled the mount for the TV to the right side wall. If you look in the abinet to the right, there is a brace there and I drilled thru the brace to old the mount. It is very sturdy, but for cautions sake, I use a bungee while raveling, to hold the TV in the opening.
I take it, then, that you could see the pictures ok? Lee
 Lee , I am interested in how you installed the new TV and what size? Thanks,

Betty Jean

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #14
Yahoo Message Number: 127185
Ruthanne, Nice set of picture galleries.  I like smugmug.  It allows larger picture sizes than is common with the free photo hosting sites.  The larger pics have answered some questions I had.
Thanks.
John
Currently: 2008 36' Tiffin Open Road
Previously: 2007 Mid Bath

Reply #15
Yahoo Message Number: 127191
Thanks to all who sent links to photos of their 26.5 RK LD.  Much appreciated! I really like all the windows in the rear and spend so much time in the kitchen that I think the RK model would work the best for us.  I can see sitting at my laptop in the dinette as well.
 I am wondering if the "ledge" along the back window in the kitchen area can be fitted with some kind of countertop material to provide additional food prep area, or just a place to put various ingredients while I'm cooking or assembling a dish?   Anyone put that "ledge" to use that way or any other way?

Thanks! Emily

Reply #16
Yahoo Message Number: 127193
Emily, we kept a water dish for the cats there, plus a little bear angel figurine. It isn't big enough for food prep but is ok to set something on temporarily. The drawback to the RK is that you give up some food prep area. No folding cutting board place, for example. But you get a front driver's seat that leans back, so it was a good trade for us.

YMMV

Lee
2000 TK
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Reply #17
Yahoo Message Number: 127197
I am wondering if the "ledge" along the back window in the kitchen area can be fitted with some kind of countertop material to provide additional food prep area, or just a place to put various ingredients while I'm cooking or assembling a dish? Emily
Emily, Our friends with a RK bought a matching drop leaf extension that is on the MB and mounted it on the back wall even with the ledge and far enough toward the dinette to be able to open the under counter door. It either came with a hinge or he bought the same MB hinge to mount it. He did have to cut an opening in the back wall to allow the hinge to fold into the wall when in the stowed position.  It does give an additional prep and dish storage area in the RK that is very welcome. You could probably do the same with a cutting board in a larger size, but it might be difficult to move around the kitchen with anything larger in the upright position. Sorry, but I don't have any pictures of the installation.
Mary Tribbett Dixon, CA

Reply #19
Yahoo Message Number: 127202
"The drawback to the RK is that you give up some food prep area."
 Yes. Ironically, the Rear Kitchen model has the smallest usable kitchen space (if you're looking at counters, anyway) of any 27-foot Lazy Daze. Of course you can do your prep work on the dinette table, but it's a good six or seven inches lower than the counters, and I find that I get a backache if I spend much time bending over that table while preparing food.
 Others may disagree, but my feeling is that for someone who likes to cook, the RK is probably the least desirable floorplan.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #20
Yahoo Message Number: 127208
Andy Baird wrote:

"Others may disagree, but my feeling is that for someone who likes to cook, the RK is probably the least desirable floorplan."

Hmmm, that's interesting, Andy.  The reason I like the RK, on the surface, is because of the big windows in the rear.  Since I spend a lot of time in the kitchen doing food prep, cooking, cleaning up, and eating; and would probably use the dinette as "laptop central", I thought having the "view" out the back where I'd spend so much time would be a real plus.  I did notice the counter space was very limited, but it didn't appear from the floorplans that the other plans offered much more kitchen countertop.  I am short (5'2"), so doing prep on the dinette might actually be more comfortable for me anyway.
 We're a few years off from any purchase, so we'd want to go into as many floorplans in person as possible before we bought anyway.  I do think that I wouldn't want any rear-bath models as I would hate to waste those great rear windows in a bathroom.  No offense to anyone who owns these models.
 I think my husband would prefer to go smaller -- so it's possible that the 24' TK would end up being the one -- I could still see out the rear windows while working in the kitchen.  From the photos on the Lazy Daze gallery, I actually prefer the 24 TK to the 27 MB for that reason -- it has more of an "open floorplan" between the kitchen and lounge area.

Just dreaming at this point...but that's part of the fun, right?

Thanks! Emily

Reply #21
Yahoo Message Number: 127209
Hmmm, that's interesting, Andy.  The reason I like the RK, on the surface, is because of the big windows in the rear.  Since I spend a lot of time in the kitchen doing food prep, cooking, cleaning up, and eating; and would probably use the dinette as "laptop central", I thought having the "view" out the back where I'd spend so much time would be a real plus.  I did notice the counter space was very
Look at the TK model - more of the window area you like while in the kitchen, and you can still use the table for prep. What you lose, by comparison, is aisle room with the table UP.
 Also, in defense of the LD models with the bath in the back, which I and others opted for - the rear window is a large one that adds to the spacious feel of the interior. Since the toilet and shower are hidden, looking through the bath and its window doesn't feel like looking into a utility closet - it just extends the feel of living 'room'.
 A visit to the factory often changes folks minds about which floorplan they want, no matter how often they pour over the website. If you will be in CA in march, a stop by Morro Bay State Park at our Yahoo group meet will be about the best possible way to check out all the floor plans - new AND old. Lots of proud tour guides.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #22
Yahoo Message Number: 127210
wrote: A visit to the factory often changes folks minds about which floorplan they want, no matter how often they pour over the website. If you will be in CA in march, a stop by Morro Bay State Park at our Yahoo group meet will be about the best possible way to check out all the floor plans - new AND old. Lots of proud tour guides.
---
 See message number 125803 for information on the "Yahootandholler" get-together March 23-25 at Morro Bay SP.

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #23
Yahoo Message Number: 127211
"I did notice the counter space was very limited, but it didn't appear from the floorplans that the other plans offered much more kitchen countertop."
 Honestly, none of the LD floorplans offers generous kitchen counter space, but some have less than others... and some are more expandable. For example, the midbath has more counter space than most layouts, but that's not saying much. Lazy Daze includes a smallish drop-leaf countertop extension in the midbath; I replaced mine with a 15" x 18" maple cutting board, and do most of my prep work on that. The twin-king model also comes with a drop-leaf counter extension, and if I still had a T/K, I'd do the same thing.
 "I am short (5'2"), so doing prep on the dinette might actually be more comfortable for me anyway."
 Good point! I'm six inches taller than you, which is the same as the difference in height between the dinette table and the counter, so you might be better off working on the table.
 "From the photos on the Lazy Daze gallery, I actually prefer the 24 TK to the 27 MB for that reason -- it has more of an 'open floorplan' between the kitchen and lounge area."
 True. And all of the LDs have big windows and lot of 'em, although the midbath and twin/king have the best panoramic view in back. But I'll echo what others have said: you really need to get inside these things and see for yourselves. If you can't get to the factory, attend one of the regional  get-togethers, where you can see many different models. Owners usually hold open house at some point during these get-togethers, and prospective buyers are welcomed to tour the various rigs and see what they're like. There's no substitute for a firsthand look!

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #24
Yahoo Message Number: 127223
True. And all of the LDs have big windows and lot of 'em, although the midbath and twin/king have the best panoramic view in back. But I'll echo what others have said: you really need to get inside these things and see for yourselves. If you can't get to the factory, attend one of the regional  get-togethers, where you can see many different models. Owners usually hold open house at some point during these get-togethers, and prospective buyers are welcomed to tour the various rigs and see what they're like. There's no substitute for a firsthand look!
--------
 Absolutely!  We are several years away from any purchase, in all likelihood, and are in Belize now so will not be able to take a look at any for awhile.  I'm just doing the early research since we're thinking we'd eventually like to spend part of each year touring around the US in an RV, and Lazy Daze seems to offer the best quality in a Class C.  We will certainly try to see as many of the floorplans as we can, in person, before we make any purchase.

Thanks for all the great advice & photos, folks!

Emily