Skip to main content
Topic: Rear Window Shade (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic
Rear Window Shade
Yahoo Message Number: 127022
Anyone know anything about the rear shade shown in these photos ?
 photos/album/629174386/pic/list
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.

Re: Rear Window Shade
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 127023
It's the new style blind that the factory has been using in the rear window for a couple of years. I don't know any more about it than that, but I'm sure others can fill in the details.

Andy Baird http://www.andybaird.com/travels/
Andy Baird
2021 Ford Ranger towing 2019 Airstream 19CB
Previously: 1985 LD Twin/King "Gertie"; 2003 LD Midbath "Skylark"

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 127024
Nice looking, and it looks like it would be MUCH easier to operate.

Dave W
20 + MH's since 1977 incl...
Past
FMC, 2x GMC's, Foretravel, 2x LD
Present
1996 LD RB under restoration, my project to keep me off the streets.

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 127025
We had that new style window shade installed in our 2006 MB about 2 years ago at the Mothership. The total cost at that time was $400...most of which went into labor. We were then and are now very pleased with this shade.
 We were cautioned by Vince to not use this as a 24/7 shade because it's paper and would eventually succumb to sun rot if used to shade from sun.

TinaP 2006 MB Currently sunning in Las Cruces, NM

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
2006 MB

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 127026
On Nov 30, 2011, at 7:08 PM, Andy Baird wrote:

It's the new style blind that the factory has been using in the rear window for a couple of years. I don't know any more about it than that, but I'm sure others can fill in the details.
We have that new shade in our '09 MB, and I'm really glad we do because it works beautifully. The only caveat is that you can't leave the blinds pulled together for a long time or the pleats will lose their shape. Otherwise, it really is great.

Martha in Santa Fe

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 127043
---"River_Rd"  wrote:

Anyone know anything about the rear shade shown in these photos ?
The shades look very nice and work fairly well. I enhance their effectiveness sometimes with the silver windshield shades between them and the glass. One caveat is that they are impossible to fold back into the bracket neatly without touching the shade itself. Hence, clean hands are an asset.
Linda Allen  2008 31' TB

Reply #6
Yahoo Message Number: 127051

---"River_Rd"  wrote: Anyone know anything about the rear shade shown in these photos ?
 The shades look very nice and work fairly well. I enhance their effectiveness sometimes with the silver windshield shades between them and the glass. One caveat is that they are impossible to fold back into the bracket neatly without touching the shade itself. Hence, clean hands are an asset.
Linda Allen  2008 31' TB
Linda is absolutly correct.  We have them in our 05RK.  Clean hands a must because it does require some manual help to close so the folks will remain lined up.  That said we like them.

David 2005 26'RK
david 05rk

Reply #7
Yahoo Message Number: 127052

---"River_Rd"  wrote: Anyone know anything about the rear shade shown in these photos ?
Linda Allen  2008 31' TB
 Linda is absolutly correct.  We have them in our 05RK.  Clean hands a must because it does require some manual help to close so the folks will remain lined up.  That said we like them.

David 2005 26'RK
Oop's I meant folds.
david 05rk