Skip to main content
Topic: Where to find a new shower curtain. (Read 14 times) previous topic - next topic
Where to find a new shower curtain.
Yahoo Message Number: 126423
Hi everyone,
 We're looking for a new shower curtain for our mid-bath and they don't seem to be very available. The existing size is 54" x 72". Most everything we've found is more like 78" in length and that will end up dragging on the floor. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David G

Re: Where to find a new shower curtain.
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 126424
When I replaced our shower curtain to one more attractive (well, some things are just relative), I bought the one I liked from a regular store as opposed to trying to find one just for an RV and cut the length off to be about 1" above the shower floor. We, too, have a mid-bath.

TinaP 2006 MB "Wild Thing" Swaying in the 35 mph winds in OK
2006 MB

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 126426
I replaced my RB shower curtain with one I found at Bed Bath n Beyone.  It is the clear on with pockets which hold soap, razor , small containers of shampoo, etc.
I just cut off the bottom & the side to make it fit and now I have at my finger tip the shower esstentials.  Just be certain to not put too much weight in the pockets, my sister was being helpful & loaded them up!  Bent the shower rod! Betty Jean n Circus Wagon

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 126435
We're looking for a new shower curtain for our mid-bath and they don't seem to be very available. The existing size is 54" x 72". Most everything we've found is more like 78" in length and that will end up dragging on the floor.
We use a nylon (not vinyl or plastic) shower curtain -- it dries much faster, is lightweight and can be laundered as needed.  It's also soft and, if you secure it while showering, is less likely to slap you with cold wetness.  I just cut the bottom off and hemmed it to fit the shower.
 I found a "Hotel-Style" curtain at Bed, Bath & Beyond that has tiny suction cups on the sides -- those work great to keep the curtain in place while showering.  We also use a tension rod across the shower opening (about chest-high) to hold the curtain taut and out of the way while showering.  I think I read that someone else used a swim noodle to achieve the same effect.
 With the cut-off section -- I hemmed it and made a window curtain for our shower window (30' TB.)  Instead of the curtain rod, I just used Velco to attach it to the wall so the curtain stays flush with the wall while showering, but it can be opened for ventilation.

Chris W.
2004 30'TB http://chrisandfrank.blogspot.com

Reply #5
Yahoo Message Number: 126439
David,
 Check Target for those unusual shower curtain sizes.  They have a great line of them in varying sizes.  Only thing to take note of, you might not find a beige curtain like the one that is usually in the LD.  Personally, I would prefer a different color/style shower curtain myself.

Good luck, Donna of Lazy Daizy Vaughn, WA 26.5' LD RB