Skip to main content
Topic: Hairline Cracks in 2002 MB (Read 15 times) previous topic - next topic
Hairline Cracks in 2002 MB
Yahoo Message Number: 126417
I noticed a hairline crack in one of the windows in the overhead cab and another in one of rear windows.  I called Lazy Daze and I was told not to be concerned. Hmmmm.  Anyone else had any cracks in their windows?

Glenn & Joan Lambert Redford, MI 2002 MB
Glenn & Joan Lambert
Redford, MI
2017 27' Mid-Bath

Re: Hairline Cracks in 2002 MB
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 126420
I noticed a hairline crack in one of the windows in the overhead cab and another in one of rear windows.  I called Lazy Daze and I was told not to be concerned. Hmmmm.  Anyone else had any cracks in their windows?
If you can feel the crack with your fingernail on one surface of the window - but not the other - then it will probably not get any worse, and probably not leak. Since the glass is laminated with plastic in the middle, cracks like this can spread, but the window is unlikely to break as a result. If you can live with that, you can save the expense.

Steve
2004 FL
2013 Honda Fit

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 126428

Glenn & Joan Lambert Redford, MI 2002 MB
Yes, one window in the lounge area of our 30' is severely cracked - spiderweb-like - because I put too long a screw in the latch because it wasn't staying tight, and the screw hit the edge of the glass and the rest is history.  I talked to Nagco  and the rep there said not to worry, it wouldn't fall out.  That said, I will have it replaced when I am in SoCal next trip.

Chris
Formerly: 2002 30' IB

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 126438
Thanks Chris.  One of these days we'll have to take a trip out to Lazy Daze to get a few "annoyances" fixed.  Until then we'll just "keep on truckin".
Glenn & Joan Lambert
Redford, MI
2017 27' Mid-Bath