Skip to main content
Topic: 23.5/24 Twin/King Bath (Read 25 times) previous topic - next topic
23.5/24 Twin/King Bath
Yahoo Message Number: 126117
Hi There,
 We're trying to evaluate the different 23.5 / 24 foot models. The rear twin/king floorplan looks interesting, but the bath sure looks small, particularly the shower with the built-in sink.
 I'm wondering how folks that have owned this model feel about the bath. Is it too crowded, or is it serviceable. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Ken DObyns

Re: 23.5/24 Twin/King Bath
Reply #1
Yahoo Message Number: 126118
I love my 2001 23.5 Twin/King, front bath. I have used the shower, which works quite well for me.  Even the little sink is adequate.  I really don't need anything bigger.  I prefer the space to be in the living area.
Lucy

From: m3kend To: lifewithalazydazerv@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, October 20, 2011 8:27 PM Subject: [LD]  23.5/24 Twin/King Bath

Hi There,
 We're trying to evaluate the different 23.5 / 24 foot models. The rear twin/king floorplan looks interesting, but the bath sure looks small, particularly the shower with the built-in sink.
 I'm wondering how folks that have owned this model feel about the bath. Is it too crowded, or is it serviceable. Any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Ken DObyns

Reply #2
Yahoo Message Number: 126119
"We're trying to evaluate the different 23.5 / 24 foot models. The rear twin/king floorplan looks interesting, but the bath sure looks small, particularly the shower with the built-in sink."

Ken

Only you can pick the best floor plan for you.
You need to experience both floor plans.
 Many T/K owners do not use the shower since the gray water tanks were much smaller than any of the other LD floor plans.
Late model T/Ks have bigger holding tanks, the same size as the 23.5' Front Lounge (32 gray, 28 black). T/Ks carry 50 gallons of fresh water, 10 less than the Front Lounge.
 We have owned two Front Lounge models and find the bath to be very roomy but, in return, you lose space in the lounge.
It's a compromise that only you can decide what's best.

Happy hunting.

Larry
2001 MB
* Not to be confused with Larry W (3000 of my posts are actually from expert Larry W due to Yahoo transition mis-step)

Reply #3
Yahoo Message Number: 126125
wrote: We're trying to evaluate the different 23.5 / 24 foot models. The rear twin/king floorplan looks interesting, but the bath sure looks small, particularly the shower with the built-in sink.
--- I have a 2003 TK; for me, the bath is "compact", but the space and facilities are adequate and completely functional. I agree with Lucy's statement in another post; I would much rather have space in the living areas than in the bathroom!
 Newer TKs have (much) larger black and grey tanks than my rig; the spec sheet for the 2003 TK listed the capacities of both the black and grey tanks at 24 gallons. This was inaccurate; the grey is 24, but the black tank is a puny *18* gallons.  Newer years of TKs offer larger black and grey tanks; I don't know when LD went to larger tanks on the TK, i.e., 28/32, but it was *well after* the 2004 models.
 BTW, the propane tank capacity of all the 24' models was increased in the last two-three model years; larger tank capacities all around are *very* desirable if one dry camps almost exclusively!

Joan
2003 TK has a new home

Reply #4
Yahoo Message Number: 126127
As the happy owner of an '07 TK, I just want to say that bathroom size is relative. My former rig a 2000 Chinook Concourse had the shower, toilet and sink all together in a space smaller than my current bathroom. In fact, it was the main reason I went looking for another rig. Claustophobia in the shower can be a bummer. I am a small female, so this bathe is huge. If you are a very large person, it may seem small, but it is probably more than adequate for most normal sized folk. I also find having the sink in the shower an asset for holding a small plastic tub that I use to catch the first cold water from the water lines before the hot kicks in. Mixed with some hot water, I use  this to rinse my hair or flush the toilet, saving water from the tanks.
To me the smaller shower is a good trade off to the large windows in the rear. I spend more time looking at scenery than I do in the shower.
Whichever floor plan you chose, I'm sure you'll be more than rewarded with a Lazy Daze.
Beverly '07 TK Brownian Motion